To wear on formal night
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: To wear on formal night

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To wear on formal night

Finally got one that I can wear with a tux. Just got it yesterday; GW 5000. I have read most of the posts on this watch and thought I was prepared. It is more than expected. It arrived at the same time as the Combi-strap.
    Got my first square a month or so ago. Started with the GW 5610. Then started reading about the screw-backs so I found a descent DW5600c.Ordered a Brazilian kit. Finally decided to go all the way and ordered this baby.
    Gotta stop!!!!!

GW 5610

DW 5600c with Brazilian kit

Last edited by William; March 6th, 2016 at 17:08.
    torgny, koiom, MCZK and 12 others like this.

Re: To weat on formal night

Congrats and enjoy. Love mine as well, really is a special piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Finally got one that I can wear with a tux.

While I can understand the appeal of the GW-5000, I have not held one. What makes it in your eyes more appropriate for formal wear than a GW-M5610? The absence of colour on the glass? Or simply the feel that it is a more expensive watch?
    Last edited by sdog; March 4th, 2016 at 23:06.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sdog View Post

While I can understand the appeal of the GW-5000, I have not held one. What makes it in your eyes more appropriate for formal wear than a GW-M5610? The absence of colour on the glass? Or simply the feel that it is a more expensive watch?
    The GW5000-1JF, especially with the combi bracelet will fit nicely under the cuff of a long sleeve dress shirt. I would be proud to wear this combo at a business or even "formal" setting.

Name:  gw5000 + combi bracelet 050115 1).jpg
Views: 393
Size:  262.5 KB
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; March 4th, 2016 at 23:19.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

I was joking a bit as I never wear a tux. This watch, especially on the bracelet is in a different league than my 5610. As mentioned, I would wear it with a suit if the occasion arose. As far as the price, I have lost more than this flipping other watches. It has a very subtle elegance. I also like the fact that everyone will think it is a $40 watch.
    torgny and messyGarage like this.

I was joking a bit as I never wear a tux. This watch, especially on the bracelet is in a different league than my 5610. As mentioned, I would wear it with a suit if the occasion arose. As far as the price, I have lost more than this flipping other watches. It has a very subtle elegance. I also like the fact that everyone will think it is a $40 watch.

I wouldn't worry about wearing a Casio with anything.
    I've never thought, on seeing a guy wearing a G Shock with a suit or a Tuxedo:
    'Jeez, they should throw that guy out of this joint wearing that watch with that Suit/Tuxedo'.

I'm usually thinking how pretty his wife/girlfriend is!

Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    The GW5000-1JF, especially with the combi bracelet will fit nicely under the cuff of a long sleeve dress shirt. I would be proud to wear this combo at a business or even "formal" setting. [...]
    That they fit under the sleeve applies to all 5600 series watches as well. The combi bracelet comes from the 5610. What makes the GW-5000 more suitable for such occasions than the others? This is not meant as criticism, or rhetoric question; I really should like to know. The idea to wear it for such occasions also appeals to me.

I understand that it has a screw-back and metal case, the surface is DLC treated. But that is all hidden under the resin bezel. Or is it something that is openly seen?

[...] This watch, especially on the bracelet is in a different league than my 5610. [...] It has a very subtle elegance. I also like the fact that everyone will think it is a $40 watch.
    Is the different league to the 5610 something that is apparent from the outside, or more your knowing that it is.

I really like the understatement you describe as well. It is antithetical to rose-gold bling.

I use my 5610 mainly at the gym and lap swimming. It is very light and virtually disappears which makes it very comfortable. It also feels like plastic (to me).
    The 5000 is more substantial in both weight and thickness; even more so on the bracelet.
    I just wanted them for different purposes. I got the DW5600c just to mess around with and it represents a bit of history. Who knows, I may get a DW5600e to fill in the gap.
    Last edited by William; March 5th, 2016 at 23:56.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.

Nice collection of squares!
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

I understand that it has a screw-back and metal case, the surface is DLC treated. But that is all hidden under the resin bezel. Or is it something that is openly seen?
    Is the different league to the 5610 something that is apparent from the outside, or more your knowing that it is.

For me it is also the way it feels on the wrist. The extra heft of the screw-back metal case just gives it a very solid quality (dare I say luxurious) feel. The addition of the combi bracelet just compliments this effect IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information