Wearing my diver Edifice today...
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Wearing my diver Edifice today...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wearing my diver Edifice today...

I don't wear this one very often, most often I wear Seiko or Steinhart or microbrand divers, yet this Edifice is oddly appealing:it is relatively thin (fits under tight sleeves), more than watertight enough, always available to grab and go unlike my automatic watches.
    Furthermore the orange bezel gives it a touch of that mythic Omega Planet Ocean look, but it is not an homage at all.
    I also like the wave pattern on the dial.
    The bracelet is more than acceptable.
    All in all a nice and sporty everyday watch that is very affordable, keeps time well, and in my opinion it looks better in reality than most high tech multi function Edifices which can feel quite cheap in reality.

Enjoy:

Comments?
    Crater, mjreiser, riffraff and 2 others like this.

Re: Wearing my diver Edifice today...

Very cool looking watch! And judging from what's in your stable, it seems you have some good comparison pieces to judge this against. I had not heard of this Casio before, what do they go for? I like it. Haha, if it's reasonable enough, may have to look at it a bit closer.....
    Last edited by rdwatch; March 10th, 2014 at 06:00.

Very nice, looks great! The more images I see of the clean dial Edifices, the more interested I am in pulling the trigger on a purchase lol.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Found it on amazon for $90. It's a 46mm per their info. Is that spec correct? Sometimes they're off a bit. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mediocre likes this.

What's the lume like, on this little gem?
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

I think I paid it less than $90, more like $60, I can't really remember. I have it since a year or so.
    I don't have a measuring ruler here at the moment, I think it is approx 46mm with the crown, with a bezel size of approx. 44mm.
    Lume is lacklustre. A typical Casio weakness, unfortunately. Imagine it with Seiko quality lume, that would be a very cool combination.
    It also exists with blue bezel and with rubber strap. And I think also with blue bezel and bracelet.
    All in all really a nice every day watch, with character. Roughly the same price level as a Swatch from the Irony series, but a proper quartz diver. The case and bracelet are really quite nicely done, much better than what you'd expect at the price.
    There is no diver extension on the bracelet though. Not important for me.
    The bezel is thin and rather firm but works well enough without risk for slipping. Seiko Monster and Sumo bezels feel better when turning though, but they cost a lot more.
    I also like the bigger than usual and hence easily readable day/date indicators.
    It would have been cool if the back of the case had a shark or octopus engraving instead of simply Edifice, but for the price we can't have it all.

Nice! i like the style an look...

i bet they use the same miyota movement like the mrw-200, which is great but i dont like the tiny capacity sr-626sw even though rated for 3 years... why dont casio use the cr2016 and give these a 10years battery is puzzling me... also i hope the crown got screwdown, but seeing the 200m rating it ust be screwdown like mdv-106

i actually like the orange omega impression look =)

congrats for the cool watch buddy.

Miyota? Why wouldn't it use a Casio movement?
    It has a screw-down crown - a proper diver.
    The orange bezel is a bit peculiar, it looks different in reality than most webpages suggest, and also it is a matte orange compared to the shiny orange on the famous Planet Ocean.

cst

I'm wearing mine today as well, great for a bit of desk diving. Yes it's a screw down crown. The first thing you notice is that it is a really weighty piece. The bezel is nice but the feel is no seiko, nor is the lume. But overall I think it's a great watch at a great price even if I did have to pay import duty into the uk, only had it just over a week, might try an orange rubber strap soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bezel is nice but the feel is no seiko, nor is the lume. But overall I think it's a great watch at a great price
    I fully agree with this. It is not a Seiko Sumo or even Monster in feel, but nicely capable, well made and universal, and offered at a great price.
    My other quartz diver watch is the rather lovely microbrand Hexa Q500, which offers a similar movement quality in a truly special and well executed packaging and near-Seiko lume, but it is of course 3-4 times as expensive and its particular design is less universal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information