Well I hope you guys are happy :)

Thread: Well I hope you guys are happy :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Well I hope you guys are happy :)

I'd like to thank all of you for making me an official Casio junkie now. :)

I bought the first new G-Shock I "needed" in years a few months ago after my faithful old 6900 had given up it's battery and needed a new one late last year, and in the mean time I had switched over to my G100 finally got to the point it got so dim I could not read it at night either. I then bought my first atomic / solar G (which I had wanted for some time) to alleviate this on going battery issue (especially with the 6900), I bought myself my first A/S watch, a GW9000.

But NO, that was NOT enough! :O I then discovered the ABC watches and the Pathfinders, and then had to have one! I bought a used PAG40 from a member here (which I have already traded). Still not being content I had always wanted a 6600, and once I came across an article about the the Pathfinders that stated in it that the 6600 Gs at one point HAD been the issue SEAL watch, I HAD to have one of them!

I ordered a 6600 a month or two ago, only to realize I got the one with the big "G" in the background, which I found too distracting from the display when lit and also too visible in the standard mode. :( I FINALLY managed to find someone with a non "G" one here in the US on Amazon, and ordered myself one. I liked that one so much, I have ANOTHER one! :O

Finally, last week as I was cutting the deal to move PAG40 Pathfinder, I had someone contact me with a PAW1300 Pathfinder for sale, which was the one I wanted originally anyway! Guess what? It's now mine!

BBUUUUUUHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA! I CAN'T BE STOPED! HELP ME! :)

Anywho, here's the kids -

The old clunker MTD-1010 non-G shock Casio dive watch is one I have had for years, one I bought when the battery in my first 6900 (oh yeah, I forgot, the 6900 pictured is my SECOND one:) years ago.

So let's see, that makes 5 watches in a few months, and overall 10 Casios in I don't remember how many years. My ex-wife bought me my first 6900 when we were married as a gift, and that was in the mid-90's.

Plus, I'm working on my current wife to buy me a MDV102-1AV Casio dual LED dive watch for my birthday in two weeks or so. :)

Yeah, I'd say I'm hooked...................................:)
    Eric

Re: Well I hope you guys are happy :)

Very nice "stash", brotha, nicely done.

Good luck on convincing your wife to get your next "fix"!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

sweet lineup......no Frogman?

were abunch of enablers here. sorry.

i got sucked in the same way, now im 8 shocks deep.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As the genera purpose here is to enable you to buy G's, then it looks like we have succeeded! congratulations on a fine collection!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Nice collection! Good to see...

Nice collection!

I too want a DW-6600 because besides it's a cool looking G, it has been SEAL issued
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

the land of a million corrupt govt officials

DW-6600 and GW-9000A are two of my favorite Gs!! Nice collection!
    "Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in changing fortunes of time." -Max Ehrmann, 1929

Hamilton: ETO | SWAT MultiTouch
    Citizen Minute Repeater BL9000
    Casio: G-Shock G-7710 | Wave Ceptor WVQ-200 | F-91W
    National Geographic Mega Diver 1000m
    Artron Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by jkchua View Post
    Nice collection!

I too want a DW-6600 because besides it's a cool looking G, it has been SEAL issued

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :)

Here's the link to the Amazon retailer w/ the non-"G" 6600s for anyone interested and where I got my two. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-...9426439&sr=1-2

Last edited by esg2145; April 20th, 2009 at 13:14.
    Eric

It's funny, a guy I work with said to me the other day, "are you wearing one of those cheap, POS, plastic watches from the '80s?!" (They are always busting my chops at work b/c I am a child of the '80s, still have my '86 Camaro, still wear high tops, and until recently had long hair which I have grown and cut several times since high school - anywho......)

At the time I was wearing my GW9000 Muddy, so I said, "Yeah, but it's not one of the older ones you remember from way back when, it's atomic, it's solar powered, and it does a bun of other cool stuff too. Plus I've got another one (my Pathfinder) that's got an altimeter, a barometer, and a compass built into it also! " :) Needless to say my cynical, shallow minded co-workers were not impressed and broke out into laughter. :(

I then told them this, with their assortment of no-name, flashy, department store style watches (not a decent one in the bunch - no Citizens, Sekios, Rolexes, or even a Casio in the bunch) , "Who wants to go out side and take their watch and THROW it across the parking lot, let a car run over it, and then bring it in the shop and wash it off in the parts cleaner? (I work for a car dealer)" Needless to say there were no answers................:)

I said, "Ok then, when you boys wear those nice shiney watches of yours out, I'll still be wearing this one, just like I wore the one before it (a 6900) for at least 10 years +. Only reason I have this one is b/c I wanted an atomic / solar one. I plan on wearing this one until either it or I die MYSELF" :O

There were and have been no more smart @$$ jokes about watches since. :)
    Eric

Fair enough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information