Well this is just ridiculous...!
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Well this is just ridiculous...!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Well this is just ridiculous...!

Last week I picked up my first G Shock (GW-5610)
    I have an eclectic collection ranging from a Submariner, Speedmaster and Carreras through to some Hamiltons and Tissots and Seiko's including the must always have in your collection a 007.
    More recently I picked up some cheap Casio's including the A158 and A163.
    They lead me here to this forum section and the 5610 sparked my interest for its solar and atomic functions so I thought 'why not'?

I can't stop wearing the G Shock.
    It's hardly beautiful or formal, I would suggest function over form but I'm addicted to it.
    It's a wonderful thing and I can't take it off.
    This is ridiculous and it has ruined my rotation

Should have got me one of these years ago. Would have saved me a fortune!!!
    Sengyoku, OCDood, Frans53 and 11 others like this.
    Nato, leather or bracelet? That's the only dilemma one should face each morning.

Re: Well this is just ridiculous...!

Indeed, your watch is too accurate and practical compared to these automatic mechanical watches. I tend to wear mine also saying that I want something "more living" around my wrist to wear it. Dont you just hate to put your automtic on time every week?-)
    vanilla.coffee and frhoads like this.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Whenever I wear one of my mechanical watches, it's not that I have a problem with setting time and date, nor do I have a problem with the (relative) inaccuracy. What bothers me most is that I have no stopwatch, timer or alarm which might come handy troughout the day. Once you are used to multifunctional watches it can become extremely hard to enjoy all your others, even if they look much nicer and offer much better craftmanship. So no surprise I often wear a digital watch on my right wrist as well for the time I wear an analog in my primary (left) wrist....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had become until recently very much a mechanical snob. Even so far as to claim quartz had no soul.
    I have re ignited my joy of digitals.
    Best wishes to all here in the G Shock and ABC forums.
    Cognac0113, khbk, James142 and 2 others like this.
    Nato, leather or bracelet? That's the only dilemma one should face each morning.

Home is where the Army sends you. Family currently in Virginia, while I finish up a tour in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Whenever I wear one of my mechanical watches, it's not that I have a problem with setting time and date, nor do I have a problem with the (relative) inaccuracy. What bothers me most is that I have no stopwatch, timer or alarm which might come handy troughout the day. Once you are used to multifunctional watches it can become extremely hard to enjoy all your others, even if they look much nicer and offer much better craftmanship. So no surprise I often wear a digital watch on my right wrist as well for the time I wear an analog in my primary (left) wrist....

cheers
    Well if you are a fan of American football one of the sportcasters on the very popular ESPN NFL show Tom Jackson, former All Pro Linebacker for the Denver Broncos, wears two watches during every broadcast. It may be because he travels or lot or maybe he just likes wearing a multi-functional walk on his off hand too.

What bothers me most is that I have no stopwatch, timer or alarm which might come handy troughout the day. Once you are used to multifunctional watches it can become extremely hard to enjoy all your others, even if they look much nicer and offer much better craftmanship. So no surprise I often wear a digital watch on my right wrist as well for the time I wear an analog in my primary (left) wrist....
    I use my bezel for that. Ofcourse it does not beep, but I can set it as a mark. Still DW-5030C with it's CDT rules.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

cheers
    Whoa, you actually wear two watches? More WIS power to you.

On topic:

I also ignored G-shocks and digitals for the most part. That is until I bought my first G-shock last year. Now it's hard wearing simpler mechanicals because I know I'll miss the reliability and functionality of a G-shock. Now it's become more confusing because I'm also juggling fine automatics in addition to G-shocks as potential new purchases. G-shocks, however, are more tempting because of their rather approachable prices. Have fun and enjoy the insanity.
    Last edited by Ottovonn; January 26th, 2014 at 12:04.
    Chrisek and ricardomfs like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla.coffee View Post
    I can't stop wearing the G Shock.
    It's hardly beautiful or formal, I would suggest function over form but I'm addicted to it.
    It's a wonderful thing and I can't take it off.
    This is ridiculous and it has ruined my rotation

Should have got me one of these years ago. Would have saved me a fortune!!!
    Better late than never. Now, go out into the world and proselytize.

I have over 70 vintage mechanicals that for the most part sit idle in my watch case while I wear my G-Shocks.

I have a GW-M5610 with an aftermarket combi bracelet. If you like yours now you'll love it even more with one on it.

GW-M5600BC Combi Strap, Resin - Tiktox

Do you have a pic of yours with the bracelet OC?

Yes, I do.

It's a coated stainless steel and resin combination with the textured links being resin and the middle steel. The rectangle G-Shock logo on the clasp is a resin buffer that helps prevent the black coating from being rubbed off.

It's very comfortable and comes highly recommended by everyone who has one. It can be installed without the need for extra parts like a regular bracelet with a springbar tool.
    Chrisek and ricardomfs like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information