What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

Thread: What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

I am talking new, not used, nor old-never used model. What new models are the new ones with tough solar, atomic, etc... I need to add to my collection. And I want a bad-ass watch. Something I can block the sun with or use to crack concrete, or even scare off bear... Looking forward to your replies.
    RukRem

Casio: MRG-1100, G-Shock/s, Pathfinder; Rangeman Debaufre: Air-force, CSAR; Deep-Blue: Master 2000 III; Hamilton: Below Zero PVD & S/S, Khaki Field Mechanical; Lum-Tec: 500M-3, B12; Maratac: Automatic Pilot; Orient/ Star: 300m, Revolver, M-Force Beast, Retro-Future, Pocket-Watch, Bambino; Seiko: Sumo, 7002, SKX, BFK, Stargate; 6309-7040; Steinhart: Aviation GMT, Nav B-Uhr, Proteus, Triton; Suunto: Elementum Terra, Core; Timex: Expedition WS4; Tissot: T-touch; Traser: Classic Pro Auto, 6502 Sterile; Victorinox: Titanium Field; Zenton: M45 Destro, V45 Chrono; Zixen: DSR-1000 GMT, Trimix GMT

Re: What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

The biggest current solar atomic digital model is the Riseman (but the Gulfman is thicker). The biggest solar model is the GW-2XX Frogman, soon a Solar atomic version of the classic DW-6900 will come out the GW-6900 that will then become the biggest solar atomic G-Shock.

But really if you want to go Big there is nothing like the old ones, the biggest solar model I would say is the Raysman a fantastic G... looks like tire on your wrist(it is the thickest G at 20mm). Its a 1998 model though so not current. Other really big ones but not solar atomic is the Dw-6700 SkyForce, The Wademan, Lungman, Antman, old Dw-9100 Riseman and Gaussman all of them old Master Of G models (except the SkyForce).

If you want a more current really big Casio then I do not recommend any G-Shock then instead I would recommend a Pathfinder/ProTrek the PAW-1500 or even bigger the 2005 model PRG-80(only solar not atomic though) The atomic version of the PRG-80 is the PAW-1100.

You might also check out the Suunto line of watches as they make some quite big ones. They are not solar atomic though but are in the other hand superior ABC's compared to Casio watches.

EDIT: I see that you already own some Protreks, then most likely you will think most current G-Shocks look fairly small..
    My best tip for you is then to join the Raysmania https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=257810 thats one of a few G-Shocks that might satisfy your craving for size...
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; April 28th, 2009 at 07:49.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Picture Re: What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

PRG-80 Extreme

62.3 X 52.2 X 16.8 mm

You can buy em new, but you'll need to make it first Here`s how...

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; April 28th, 2009 at 07:51.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: What is the Biggest . . .Baddest . . .Mutha . . .

You raise important issues in timekeeping excellence.

Nine out of ten scientific studies irrefutably conclude that the best timepiece for scaring large predators (bears, lions, sharks, komodo dragons, Dwight Howard, etc.) is the steel Citizen Eco-Zilla on an orange Hirsch Extreme strap.

"I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    PRG-80 Extreme

62.3 X 52.2 X 16.8 mm

You can buy em new, but you'll need to make it first Here`s how...

Q-6
    Yeah...I'd say that qualifies as 'bad ass'.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    You raise important issues in timekeeping excellence.

Nine out of ten scientific studies irrefutably conclude that the best timepiece for scaring large predators (bears, lions, sharks, komodo dragons, Dwight Howard, etc.) is the steel Citizen Eco-Zilla on an orange Hirsch Extreme strap.

yes please
    GWG-1000-1A9ER
    G-Shock GA-100-1A1ER

"But my mom says I'm cool!" - Milhouse Van Houten

How about this, the grenade pin is an extra touch....

One of the few watches with 'British' branding and it has to be Graham.

Let's see now - it's called a Chronofighter, so it fights time. It's called a Commando, but any Commando wearing one would be laughed out of the mess room. It's described as Oversized, so is saying that it's too big. It has a crown protector that would be more at home on a submarine hatch.

To top it all, the brand is named after an eigteenth century British maker of longcase clocks.

It's hard to think of a more crass brand than Graham...

Now someone's going to say 'How much, where can I get one?'
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    One of the few watches with 'British' branding and it has to be Graham.

Let's see now - it's called a Chronofighter, so it fights time. It's called a Commando, but any Commando wearing one would be laughed out of the mess room. It's described as Oversized, so is saying that it's too big. It has a crown protector that would be more at home on a submarine hatch.

To top it all, the brand is named after an eigteenth century British maker of longcase clocks.

It's hard to think of a more crass brand than Graham...

Now someone's going to say 'How much, where can I get one?'
    Not to my liking either. But what would a naval officer think if he saw one of his marines wearing a Frogman?

Two big ones...not solar and years old, but still a big,bad mutha!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information