What Casio models accept zulu/nato straps WITHOUT adapters?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What Casio models accept zulu/nato straps WITHOUT adapters?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question What Casio models accept zulu/nato straps WITHOUT adapters?

Hi guys

I'm not a big fan of stock GShocks resin straps (with exception of the Froggies I owned in the past).

The longest GShock I owned was the PAG40 on a orange zulu strap (with adapters) before it just 'died' after several years of faithful service. But sourcing the adapters/parts (and countless exchanges from Tiktok) was a frustrating experience. My Sunnto vector also happens to be on a zulu strap.

I just had a garage sale and got some extra cash (yes, selling my crappy old 22" CRT TV for $30 was priceless ) so I have a itch to get another "G" or Protek but I really wanna get something that I can throw on a 22/24mm zulu on WITHOUT the need to buy additional adapters.

What GShocks (or proteks) are out there that will take zulu/nato straps without the need for adapters?

Many manly thanks .
    -Sandeep
    Current Rotation: || Tag Aquaracer Polar Caliber 5, Suunto Ambit 3, Casio Gulfman/GW2310, Apple iWatch 3 ||

Re: What Casio models accept zulu/nato straps WITHOUT adapters?

Been wondering about this too. I was interested in doing something similar to joe_b's Riseman Zulu mod but I think sourcing the apparently one-sized adaptor can be difficult. BTW what happened to your Frogman? I recalled you were very fond of it! Sorry for straying off topic.

EDIT: I found some interesting threads. Apparently the PRG-200/PRW-2000 can take a Zulu/Maratac two piece without adaptors.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/casio-pro-trek-prw-2000-1ver-maratac-elite-323254.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/any...lu-324330.html

Last edited by GTR83; December 3rd, 2011 at 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by SSingh1975 View Post

What GShocks (or proteks) are out there that will take zulu/nato straps without the need for adapters?

Many manly thanks .
    -Sandeep
    PRW5100:

PAW2000:

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-2300B-1V - not a current model anymore, but there are still some around.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-.../dp/B000AR7RVI

Likewise the Pathfinder PAW-1300G-1V. Not "G", but a close cousin.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

The G-2300B actually has strap adapters on it already, which means you could take off the original straps and use a Nato.

Don't bother buying Casio strap adapters from 3rd party vendors. I just recently bought 2 sets of them directly from Casio USA parts for $4 each set. Yes, they are an available item. At one point they dried up, but there are some recent models (like in 2009) that use them, so they're back in production. Definitely get yours that way.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

No need for a mod...Old School Riseman 9100!!

da3risemen and nigelw like this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    The G-2300B actually has strap adapters on it already, which means you could take off the original straps and use a Nato.

Don't bother buying Casio strap adapters from 3rd party vendors. I just recently bought 2 sets of them directly from Casio USA parts for $4 each set. Yes, they are an available item. At one point they dried up, but there are some recent models (like in 2009) that use them, so they're back in production. Definitely get yours that way.
    Sounds great. Does Casio USA also do international shipping for these parts?

yes, selling my crappy old 22" CRT TV for $30 was priceless
    That there is worthy of it's own thread! You literally can't give away CRTs here. I was doing a house clearance on my late dad's house last year and had 4 CRTs from a 20" to 26". No-one wanted them, even so called, hard up students! Ended up going in the skip, sorry, recycling facility...
    nigelw likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

JwY

To add to what's already listed, the PRW5000 and I think the PRW2500 as well.
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Sounds great. Does Casio USA also do international shipping for these parts?
    I don't know. But if Casio USA can get them, certainly Casio International should be able to. Contact your local Casio parts supplier and the part # you want is "74243710". There might be other part numbers for it as well.
    Last edited by xevious; December 4th, 2011 at 20:29.
    GTR83 likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information