What the Casio selection on in the PX of a U.S. Military base looks like....
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What the Casio selection on in the PX of a U.S. Military base looks like....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What the Casio selection on in the PX of a U.S. Military base looks like....

So while on the grounds of the local military base(My brother is in the military so I come visit) we went to the PX(basically all in one type store on US Military bases which offer tax free shopping and the occasional deal) I naturally went to the watch area and looked at the Casio and Seiko watch cases. The Seiko case had a SKX173 automatic diver but that was about it for the interesting things(I like the SKX173 but have never seen it at a brick and mortar store except for the Seiko company store)

The Casio section had a load of them. They had the display case shown which had most of the G-Shocks(and a smattering of other Casios) and another on the right which had lower end Casio watches(yes I know it says timex but it was chock full of Casio watches).

Name:  watch casio 1.JPG
Views: 1632
Size:  145.5 KB
    Name:  watch casio 2.JPG
Views: 1648
Size:  160.5 KB

I got this watch when all was said and done for $160 out the door due to a discount on it. It is a comfy wearing watch and satisfies my analog G-Shock itch

Name:  watch casio 3.JPG
Views: 1558
Size:  106.0 KB
    Last edited by journeyforce; May 3rd, 2014 at 15:55.
    Ottovonn, idkfa, Chrisek and 11 others like this.

Re: What the Casio selection on in the PX of a U.S. Military base looks like....

Hol---eeey crap. When I read the title, I was expecting a meager display consisting of a few basic models, such as the DW-5600e . . . The army guys have a more varied selection than some Macy's!
    nigelw likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Re: What the Casio selection on in the PX of a U.S. Military base looks like....

errr........ thanks but a pix of Gshocks taken from afar is not gonna satisfy a Gshockaholic's hunger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Having visited a couple of PX/NEX stores, I can also confirm they stock a far wider variety than you would find in most watch shops, department stores, jewellers, or even individual websites (bar Amazon). I bought my first G-Shock from one of these (a 6900 on sale IIRC) and it's been my go-to work watch ever since*.

*(Though with a couple of recent additions, that's due to change...)

It's funny you started this thread. I was in the base exchange (on an Air Force base) a few days ago and they have tons of G-Shocks. They mark them down a lot too. I saw a few 7900s in there for 45 bucks.

I guess G-shocks are consistently in high demand in the military.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Interesting, thanks for the photos.

Wow massive selection! Was surprised to see coloured G's like pink and blue in there! Being military store i was expecting all black, maybe a few dark greys and olive greens.

I am surprised that the selection is so good!! I'll have to check a nearby PX to see what they carry..

I will say though, that a friend who is ex-military told me that when he was serving in the Navy, they would not allow any bright colored g-shocks -- not even colored highlights on the dial. He checked out some of my Gs but ended up getting a subdued black model with no colors other than black or gray on it. So sad. G-shock color is the spice of life! (well, one of them)

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I am surprised that the selection is so good!! I'll have to check a nearby PX to see what they carry..

I will say though, that a friend who is ex-military told me that when he was serving in the Navy, they would not allow any bright colored g-shocks -- not even colored highlights on the dial....
    Are you saying that even the little yellow and blue on that G-7900 would be too much?

I mean, I can fully understand why soldiers (sailors) are not allow to run around with red or yellow G's (would kind of ridiculous looking anyway) but some restrictions go just too far...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information