What Computer & Browser Do You Use For Access To Our Forum?

View Poll Results: What Computer & Browser Do You Use For Access To Our Forum?

Voters
217. This poll is closed
  • I Use A Laptop PC

96 44.24%
  • I Use A Desktop PC

83 38.25%
  • I Use A Laptop Mac

39 17.97%
  • I Use A Desktop Mac

13 5.99%
  • I Browse With Firefox

131 60.37%
  • I Browse With Chrome

19 8.76%
  • I Browse With Safari

35 16.13%
  • I Browse With Opera

11 5.07%
  • I Browse With Internet Explorer

38 17.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Computer & Browser Do You Use For Access To Our Forum?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Off topic What Computer & Browser Do You Use For Access To Our Forum?

I thought it would be fun to find out what Brand & Type (laptop or desktop) of Computer and what Browser you use to access our forum.

Tell us how you chose your computer and what you use it for, as well as your likes and dislikes.

Next tell us what your favorite browser is, why your chose it and what you like or dislike about it.

Let the discussion begin.

Cheers...
    Last edited by archer6; November 6th, 2009 at 23:28.

Re: What Computer & Browser Do You Use For Access To Our Forum?

When I'm at work I use my Lenovo ThinkPad W-500 laptop and the relatively new Google Chrome Browser. Currently I'm using the latest beta version 4.0.223.16.

It's very fast and stable which is the primary reason I use it. With this version Google has turned on support for extensions, which are similar to add-ons and plug-ins for Firefox. As developers bring these to market such as X-Marks Bookmark Manager, I believe that the number of people adopting Chrome will grow more rapidly that it's present pace. If you have not tried it, I would encourage you to give it some thought. As most of you know it's a free download from Google.

Cheers...

I have a Asus N81 laptop and use Opera as my browser because it's not as bloated as Firefox and imo is faster than Firefox, it also has built in mouse gesters. I know you can add all that stuff on FF with their add-ons, but by the time you get FF with all the goodies that Opera has built in, it's way bloated. Oh and it's not Internet Explorer from Micro$oft.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by apnk View Post
    I have a Asus N81 laptop and use Opera as my browser because it's not as bloated as Firefox and imo is faster than Firefox, it also has built in mouse gesters. I know you can add all that stuff on FF with their add-ons, but by the time you get FF with all the goodies that Opera has built in, it's way bloated. Oh and it's not Internet Explorer from Micro$oft.
    Asus is a great computer company. Currently number 3 in the world, they are about to release a large number of new models in the next six months. Both in the notebook segment and netbook segment. And speaking of netbooks, they are working quite closely with Google to implement the Android OS in some of their upcoming models. So for those of you computer enthusiasts, it's a great time to watch Asus.

While I use Chrome as my favorite browser I also use all five browsers I have listed above. What I particularly like about Opera is it's ability to allow me to sync my bookmarks between my ThinkPad and my BlackBerry, a feature that no other browser maker provides. Also using the Opera Mini browser on a BlackBerry is the only way to go, based on my experience. I can enjoy nearly 100 % functionality on this forum with it. The only limitation are posts where polls are involved.

So that's my take on it.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Asus is a great computer company. Currently number 3 in the world, they are about to release a large number of new models in the next six months. Both in the notebook segment and netbook segment. And speaking of netbooks, they are working quite closely with Google to implement the Android OS in some of their upcoming models. So for those of you computer enthusiasts, it's a great time to watch Asus.

I didn't know they were #3 cool. I love how cheap they are compared to the other big dogs.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

sml

I cannot vote because I use linux and it is not on the list.

Notebook = Lenovo Y650 with Ubuntu 9.10
    Browser = Opera 10.10

MacBook Pro here, browsing with Camino
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

I have a barebones computer which I recently built from a combination of parts lying around the house after my laptop mainboard went bust :(. Currently have the new Ubuntu and XP on the 2 separate drives but will migrate away from XP asap as it's totally unstable (as usualy) and I don't like Microsoft. I don't like Google either. Big corporations are getting too big and taking over. So I use Mozilla Firefox instead.

As soon as I finalise the setup of Ubutu I'll strictly be in Ubuntu/Firefox . Quite funny, my screen, keyboard and mouse are all Dell (got them for free) so the computer looks like Dell unless you look at the case. The case is just a solid ugly thick heavy steel case and weights about 2 tonnes but solid as heck, haha! Complete bodge job, I have 3x 20gb HDDs inside which I found lying around as I don't have one single HDD which is large enough lol .

Quote Originally Posted by sml View Post
    I cannot vote because I use linux and it is not on the list.

Notebook = Lenovo Y650 with Ubuntu 9.10
    Browser = Opera 10.10
    Yes you can vote.

It's about what computer and browser you are using, not which Operating System.

As a hi-tech professional, I have two 500GB hard drives in my ThinkPad running four operating systems.

* Ubuntu 9.10
    * OS X Snow Leopard
    * Windows Seven
    * Mandriva 2010

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by yester5 View Post
    MacBook Pro here, browsing with Camino
    Kudos that's a great combination. Since the purpose of my poll was to see what the favorites were, I only gave a choice of the top five browsers.

However that said, I also use a MacBook Pro as my personal laptop, I'm on my third MBP since they were introduced and I've had great performance out of each of them. Before that I used a PowerBook as my personal machine and it was also a great laptop.

Camino as one of the browsers I use on _my_ MBP. It has some very nice features that the others do not. I've also found it to be super stable and fast. The only one of the top five that I have found to be faster is the new beta version of Chrome.

Thanks for checking in and giving a vote for Camino and the MacBook Pro...

Cheers...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information