what is a decent price for a new GIEZ GS-1000BJ-1AJF?

Thread: what is a decent price for a new GIEZ GS-1000BJ-1AJF?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what is a decent price for a new GIEZ GS-1000BJ-1AJF?

I'm really interested in getting this atomic solar giez in all black.

1. How old is this model? Is there a newer alternative out already?
    2. What price can I expect to pay for this? I am in Hong Kong. I already searched for this model in several shops but couldn't find this in any of them!
    3. Will this model recognise the China Atomic clock?

Re: what is a decent price for a new GIEZ GS-1000BJ-1AJF?

That is a nice watch

Welcome to the forum!

I believe that's one of the newest models. It's a beauty and I'd say you could pick one up for around $250 US if you search around online (msrp is 37000 JPN). Not sure if it'll sync with China but you should be able to get a signal from Jpn, on a good day...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's over 18months old I think which makes it pretty old at the rate Casio puts out new models. There are at least two maybe even three 1000s that have come out since this one. The one with gold and red, the mostly black with gold accents and the one in the new watches for October thread that was just posted recently.

Prices oddly enough seem to have gone up for this watch lately, I think you can get a one on eBay for around $USD250 if you're patient.

It only gets the signals from US and Japan.

If I remember right this was my first G-SHOCK so long ago. It's been passed on to my son now. Nice watch. I miss it sometimes. But he's still at home so I can wear is when I want :)
    Last edited by natornate; October 1st, 2008 at 20:36.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

i got mine (though it's the version with the yellow gold accents) for $150 on the sales corner here new in box.
    GW300A-2V
    GS-1000BJ-1A9JF
    DW6900-1V
    G9000-3V
    DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)
    DW-5600WC-1DR (FIFA)
    G9100-2
    GW5525A-1
    DW6600C-1V

Ive got a gs1100 which is the model that came after the gs1000, difference is, at where the gs1000 has world time, the gs1100 has day of week, alarm function. You wouldnt be dissapointed in this model. I would personally save the money and get awg-101 and another g-shock that tickles your fancy. By the way it is 5 multi-band so will get atomic time keeping in Hong Kong. I paid around £150 delivered
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Gee-whizz; October 1st, 2008 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee-whizz View Post
    Ive got a gs1100 which is the model that came after the gs1000, difference is, at where the gs1000 has world time, the gs1100 has day of week, alarm function. You wouldnt be dissapointed in this model. I would personally save the money and get awg-101 and another g-shock that tickles your fancy. By the way it is 5 multi-band so will get atomic time keeping in Hong Kong. I paid around £150 delivered
    Not sure if you meant this but it seems as if you're stating the 1100s have an alarm and the 1000s do not. The 1000s do have an alarm. The only real feature addition the 1100s have over the 1000s is the day of the week display. 1100 drawbacks include not being able to see the current time and anything else (alarm set time or 2nd timezone) together, those times are indicated in a subdial on the 1000s but with the main hands on the 1100s.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

thanks for the replies guys. I have seen the later models, but they aren't as appealing as the gs-1000.

I had a look at seiya, where it's listed at USD306, and the site says: Giez GS-1000J-1AJF is only released in Japan. which is probably why I can;t find it anyplace in HK.

Are there any other online sites I should check out for a better price before ordering?

thanks again

I am still unsure about this atomic feature. If it's multiband 5, will it still receive signals from the China station? The Japan station is too far away I believe to reach HK watches. Will I need a mutiband 6 watch in HK?

I have the GS1000BJ. It's all black, but slightly different than the one pictured first; mine has all white hands (the one pictured has blue?!). I'm wondering if it's a slightly different model? I've never seen one with the blue hands on the sub-dials. I got mine from Seiya a year or so ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information