What did I do wrong? DW-5600E [1545]

Thread: What did I do wrong? DW-5600E [1545]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What did I do wrong? DW-5600E [1545]

I have a DW-5600E [1545] I replaced the battery just fine! Now as you look at it the Top Right button is "hard to press" ?? I took it apart just to make sure it was aligned up ok. but the prob. remains.... any ideas, pic's, can it be fixed? TIA..... Jim

Re: What did I do wrong? DW-5600E [1545]

13 hours and no help? I don't have an answer, but other geekier 5600 owners must have an idea. Bump for Jim R...

I have no clue. I almost completely disassembled a DW5600E, hydro-ed it and re-assembled it without issue (except the bubble is slightly larger than I would like - stupid bubbles). I'm not sure how changing the battery could affect the difficulty of using the button. If you removed the module for some reason, there is a plastic or gel ring that goes around it that could interfere with the buttons if not properly aligned.

I'm sure some of the knowledgable members will come along shortly with more insight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    I have a DW-5600E [1545] I replaced the battery just fine! Now as you look at it the Top Right button is "hard to press" ?? I took it apart just to make sure it was aligned up ok. but the prob. remains.... any ideas, pic's, can it be fixed? TIA..... Jim
    Did you take the module out or just replace the battery? Sometimes when I take the module out of something one of the buttons doesn't go back in properly. Check to see if the hard to press button is properly situated and aligned. If it is not properly situated you will see the button inside the case not extended like the other buttons.

HAHA what I wrote may not make any sense, sorry, easiest way to say it. Make sure the button is properly situated on the inside of the case.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; December 12th, 2012 at 07:31.

Quote Originally Posted by steveambeo View Post
    I'm not sure how changing the battery could affect the difficulty of using the button.
    my only thought is, if he took the module out because he says he took it apart.

LUW

And check if the c-clip on the stem is in the right position.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

its a busy month.... thx.

I did not remove the module. (for a battery change) I just duck-tape down the straps. I done a few of these. I need the countdown timer for medication! I just removed the screws, removed 1 end of the band holding the battery, slip out the old battery & put in a new one. (being careful not to move the module!) Then I use a staple, to get the display back. check the gasket & put the screws back on. I learned here on a video. Or was it G-People site. I had no reason to remove the module. Then I opened it up again to make sure the module did not move & checked the top "R" button. all looks good! But its still hard to press on that one? If the watch will survive? I can deal with breaking a nail... I just thought there was something I may have missed. thanks for your replies... Jim

module is properly situated inside the case.. thx. Guzman

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    Did you take the module out or just replace the battery? Sometimes when I take the module out of something one of the buttons doesn't go back in properly. Check to see if the hard to press button is properly situated and aligned. If it is not properly situated you will see the button inside the case not extended like the other buttons.

HAHA what I wrote may not make any sense, sorry, easiest way to say it. Make sure the button is properly situated on the inside of the case.

Since you didn't take out the module there is no reason why the button is harder than before. Just make sure sure, from the inside, where the button presses against the module, that it is properly situated

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information