What is the difference between MTG & GIEZ series? - Page 4

Thread: What is the difference between MTG & GIEZ series?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: What is the difference between MTG & GIEZ series?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Any day now, man! I think I ordered too close to Christmas, so it's probably stuck in all the holiday traffic. It's OK, I'm a patient guy (at least that's what I tell myself...)

So what happened to your GIEZ, if I may ask?
    I used it to fund something forgot which one I bought with that flip....but I had the choice to flip either one...Stainless Steel bracelet and Countdown Timer won

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
    Thanks for all the info...especially Doug! I watched the YouTube on the MTG, and I'm convinced it's what I want. I don't normally like bracelets on my watches but the SS with the resin inserts looks great! Once I get it, I'll probably ship it to Angelo in Spain for a hands and markers re-lume job...
    So now, where to get one in the USA? I've found one AD in Utah...any others I should consider?
    I am definitely excited for you both, MTG is a great watch Very impressive features for an analog
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
    Thanks for all the info...especially Doug! I watched the YouTube on the MTG, and I'm convinced it's what I want. I don't normally like bracelets on my watches but the SS with the resin inserts looks great! Once I get it, I'll probably ship it to Angelo in Spain for a hands and markers re-lume job...
    So now, where to get one in the USA? I've found one AD in Utah...any others I should consider?

Chris sounds like you have had some watches re lumed. any photos of those and how does that compair to say a seiko monster.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Actually, I've never had a watch relumed but, for as much as I like the G-Shocks (analog only, I'm afraid), I hate their lume... there's another thread with that subject in this forum. Another member suggested I get in touch with Angelo ("The Re-Lumer") since he's done some incredible work:
    http://www.the-relumer.com/index.htm. I hope to hear back from him soon... If I can get my G-Shock to look like my "sawtooth", I'll be very, very pleased.
    Chris

All Quartz: Arctos GPW Infantry;
    Deep Blue AP Chrono; Citizen BN0150-10E;
    Tawatec EO MkII ICS; Seiko SNE645

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I've seen some of Angelo's work and it is OUTSTANDING . I have a beater Kronos Mission Timer that I wouldn't mind having him do.

Hi all, new to the forum and all that newb stuff. I was at Macy's and I saw a Giez on a bracelet. Anyone else see this or am I crazy ? And mind you it was not an MTG as it was clearly marked Giez on the dial and had the resin shoulders running across the sides of the face.

Banned

There are some Giez around with bracelets. They're just not as common as the strapped model.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelmachine View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum and all that newb stuff. I was at Macy's and I saw a Giez on a bracelet. Anyone else see this or am I crazy ? And mind you it was not an MTG as it was clearly marked Giez on the dial and had the resin shoulders running across the sides of the face.
    The Giez you probably saw at Macy's is the GS1000D-1A which comes with Black IP SS Band

Quote Originally Posted by sspartan View Post
    The Giez you probably saw at Macy's is the GS1000D-1A which comes with Black IP SS Band
    Indeed it was black IP. Good to know I am not delusional as I have not seen this on the G-shock website. Looked stunning by the way and a good alternative for those who want the bracelet of the MTG but the SS case and screwback of the Giez.

I think Casio has done a great job with the MTG-1000 and Giez GS-1100D. There is no watch from any price category and any brand that visually attracts me as much as 1100D.
    I am somewhat surprised that there aren't other brands that produce watches of that high quality and modern yet steady look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadano View Post
    I think Casio has done a great job with the MTG-1000 and Giez GS-1100D. There is no watch from any price category and any brand that visually attracts me as much as 1100D.
    I am somewhat surprised that there aren't other brands that produce watches of that high quality and modern yet steady look.
    They are both great looking watches!

Do you have both?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information