What is the difference between these 2 gshocks?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Crater
  • 1 Post By weirdfish

Thread: What is the difference between these 2 gshocks?

What is the difference between these 2 gshocks?

Apologies this being my first post and asking a question, but I do own a few shocks so I'll be popping in regularly now I've found this forum.
    I've got 2 riseman men in smokey grey watches, but they are different model numbers, G-9200GY & GW-9200GYJ, the only difference I can see is one has "multi band"on it, is this purely down to one being a Japanese model.
    Thanx.

Re: What is the difference between these 2 gshocks?

The diffrence is, G-9200 is only solar while GW-9200 is solar + atomic. W in the name almost always means that model is atomic, that's what Multiband 6 means, 6 radio towers around the world where this watch can get signal from.
    MCZK and Mike K like this.

thanx.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

why you got two with the same look man ? sell one or at least put it on a different color of resin / LOLz

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    why you got two with the same look man ? sell one or at least put it on a different color of resin / LOLz
    Someone was selling a watch which came with a new strap, orange case back & front bezel, I wanted the orange case back as mine has a couple of marks on it, but they were being sold as a package, so I bought the lot and now have to decide which one to sell. Simples.

I've decided to sell my original watch, ( G-9200 ), but I'm not sure in what condition to sell it in, as above I bought the GW model as it came with a new strap/bezel&orange case back.
    my original watch has been worn and has a few very little marks and some dark wear marks on the Orange case back, but it also has a few scratches on the crystal, must have rubbed against something.
    do I, Change the strap and case front and back over and sell it, leave it as it is and sell it, or even, try and get the scratches in the crystal out and then sell it.
    i know some people prefer to buy as they are and then decide themselves what to do, and hopefully get a better deal.
    i know we are not talking mega money, or a vintage piece, but these are getting harder to get hold of now.

It's true they are a bit hard to find these days, but for some better evaluation we would have to see some pics. It depends on the crystal, if its badly scratched then price wont be as high.

Right, I've tried to take a pic showing the scratches, ( not a photographer ), using my best iphone technique.
    I's proving difficult, but I think I've managed to capture the marks, now all I have to do is upload the pic.
    If you look just above the seconds indicator you should be able to make them out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by weirdfish; May 29th, 2015 at 13:12.

I can't really tell for sure, scratch doesn't seem that deep. But knowing the market of these kind of g-shocks, more sought after and collectible, collectors are willing to pay good price for them, but only if they are mint with box and all that.

NOS or unworn usually go for around $300. Hard to say about your Riseman, it also depends on state of the resin, caseback, any scratches etc.

Thanx for the comments, all paperwork and tin are present, strap and case back are all in good order, just a small dark area on the orange case back where the watch has been worn a few times, ( never been a daily beater ).

I suppose I could sell the watch for a fair price in the condition it's in, then I still have the brand new strap and case back and bezel to sell seperately.
    Crater likes this.

Thread Information