What to do with my old Baby-G [Update: It's Alive!!]
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What to do with my old Baby-G [Update: It's Alive!!]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to do with my old Baby-G [Update: It's Alive!!]

Hi... this is my first 'official' post on WUS even though I've been lurking for a looong time and have done some private buying and selling as well.

I'm not a Casio/digital quartz collector (my interests are Swiss/German automatiks). I was cleaning out my parents' old house and I found an old treasure of mine - a mint condition Baby-G from the early 90's. Yellow/dark navy velcro original strap and a black case. Dial is are yellow/white, lettering and buttons are yellow. (Sorry maybe I'll post a picture later).

Here is the problem - I put a new battery in it, and.. all I can say is, "She's dead, Jim."

Is there any value left on this thing? Can I remove the non-functional inerts and just sell the casing/strap, so others can install their own functioning parts? I have no clue how the G-shock market works. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!
    Last edited by IronButterfly; December 3rd, 2011 at 02:46.

If you were going to sell the case, you might as well leave everything intact. Even if the module is completely dead, there may be other parts that could be of use (LCD, contact springs, ect) . I'd in interested in seeing pics because my wife is amassing quite a collection of Baby Gs and I love to tinker and try to fix up old Gs with mixed parts when needed.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Re: What to do with my old Baby-G...

Edited: On second thought I'll just post the pics here when I get them on this here computer magic machine...
    Last edited by IronButterfly; December 2nd, 2011 at 04:58.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK, as promised here are the pics...

Name:  GS2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  427.8 KBName:  GS1.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  385.2 KBName:  GS3.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  474.5 KBName:  GS4.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  249.4 KB

It´s a bit it doesn´t work anymore. It´s on mint condition indeed. What do you think Doctor Frankestein, I mean, Tsip?

Go Team Bravus!!

The case and band look great. Too bad I (uh, my wife, I mean) don't have any Baby Gs with that same module. Ideas of a FrankenBaby are buzzing around my head!
    johnny.bravus likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Did you do a AC-reset after changing the battery? You might want to repeat it and even take out/reinsert the battery. If it does not work, you can still ask around for a used module around her - Catherine would be a possible source, i guess.
    flathead59 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    The case and band look great. Too bad I (uh, my wife, I mean) don't have any Baby Gs with that same module. Ideas of a FrankenBaby are buzzing around my head!
    Tsip85, this color matches your DW002. This may be a long lost lover collection! LOL. :D
    Last edited by GShockMe; December 2nd, 2011 at 14:14.

Hmm! I was not aware of this AC-reset business! Looks like there may be hope after all... Stay tune folks, I will try this first thing after I get home tonight. If it works I will post results here - I will still likely be selling it (though if it works, it'll be for a bit more now! )

Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by IronButterfly View Post
    Hmm! I was not aware of this AC-reset business! Looks like there may be hope after all... Stay tune folks, I will try this first thing after I get home tonight. If it works I will post results here - I will still likely be selling it (though if it works, it'll be for a bit more now! )

Thanks for all your help!
    ...this is a G-Shock, no Baby G, but you´ll get the idea:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ock-19704.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information