WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What do use the World Time function on your watch for?

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Miklos86 
#1 ·
OK, obviously if you are a high flyer, you'll need it to check on all the different exotic places you visit, but many of us don't travel that extensively. Personally, I'm a massive F1 race fan, so I set my WT for the forthcoming race so I can keep an eye on the start which is usually 1pm or 2pm local time. Right now, it's set on the time to reflect the race from Austin, Texas this Sunday. So, what do you use your World Time for?

Reactions: yankeexpress
#2 ·
Unless I, or a loved one, was going to be in another far away time zone setting time in another zone is not needed. The swap function is very smart for those going to same other time zone with frequency. Makes it easy to keep analog Time at hand.

#7 ·
I live in Sweden, parents in Scotland and brother in Dubai, so the world time alternates between LON & DXB occasionally

#10 ·
I don't use World Time. I 'used' dual time. The old 80's-96 Casio DW-5600C had it, and unlike World Time on some watches now, you could see both time-zones displayed concurrently. It was more practical than World Time, IMO. I miss dual display dual time.

#11 ·
Unbeknown to me at the time of purchase, my elderly GW2500BD has the ability to display 3 different times simultaneously. Hometime, 2nd timezone on the LCD (which you can set independently) and worldtime on the little subdial at "3"

Pretty cool once you know about it LOL

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#12 ·
Keep my World Time function set for Helsinki Finland time.
Have a son, an Expatriate living and working there. I can't add
8 hours to CST to get Finn time? Of course I can. It's just easier
use W T function.

Son wears Suunto, Finland's watch. He gifted me a T5 Suunto.

X Traindriver Art

#13 ·
Keep my World Time function set for Helsinki Finland time.
Have a son, an Expatriate living and working there. I can't add
8 hours to CST to get Finn time? Of course I can. It's just easier
use W T function.

Son wears Suunto, Finland's watch. He gifted me a T5 Suunto.

X Traindriver Art

#19 ·
I set mine to Tokyo time, because I want to know EXACTLY when shop owners there are opening up to take more of my money!! ;-):-d:-d:-d

#20 ·
Prior to departure and inflight, it's used for GMT (UTC, ZULU time, take your pick) because that's what most things like schedules, navigation etc. are based on. At the destination I reset it to local time, which these days is most often Shanghai or Tokyo . The main display is always on Pacific time, which is home. There are other ways to manage the timekeeping, this works for me.

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Most excellent choice of Watch.

#25 ·
I currently live on the West Coast. However the house that I own, my other properties, business interests, and extended family are all back in Florida. Therefore mine are usually set up to Eastern Time. It's only a three hour difference, so it's not really necessary and I usually just adjust for the difference in my head, but sometimes it's nice to have it at a glance. I also have a set of analog clocks at my desk and an extra digital clock on my nightstand for the same purpose.

Also, like T4PN mentioned, I sometimes set it to whatever part of the world I may be purchasing something from at the time, or communicating with someone on occasion.

#26 ·
Don't want to forget and call one of my "high flyer" friends at 0300.

#29 ·
Set to GMT when I'm not travelling, I love to know what are folks in the UK doing.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

Reactions: StephenWatch
#32 ·
In my opinion, the 7710 has one of the best modules in the game. Completely and totally undervalued piece. Just real small.

And lots of flashy lights.

Sent from Hertford or London, UK.

Reactions: yankeexpress
#33 ·
In my opinion, the 7710 has one of the best modules in the game. Completely and totally undervalued piece. Just real small.

And lots of flashy lights.

Sent from Hertford or London, UK.
Agree, it is very special and useful module. Have 3 now that I Finally got the Kawasaki!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.