The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread! - Page 3

Thread: The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread!

I work in the IT department of an international law firm, based in New York City. At work I wear business casual. If it's warm enough, I can do that business-casual half-sleeve-roll and wear any watch, even the 53mm Protreks. But when it's cooler, I'll wear slimmer watches like the 5600, the Protrek 1500s and 2000 Manaslu. On the weekends I tend to wear the larger watches like the Frogs, PRG-40, PRG-80, and the GW-7900.

--Greg

Hi,
    got an M.A. (magister artium - similar to a masters degree but not quite the same because they just introduced the 'real' master in Germany too) in protestant theology (graduated just a semester ago) and will study 'interreligious studies' (master) in autumn. I'm working in the university library, a hotel (only night-shifts), and from time to time for a friend who has his own company doing high-risk lumber work (he's tree-climbing and I'm the ground-man) and all kinds of garden work.
    For the dirty work I only wear my Mudman - and everything else in my other jobs.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Assistant service manager for a car dealer, I used to wear a 6900 for YEARS, last year I switched over to GW9000A atomic, solar Muddie. I now do "combat" every day between either it or a 6600 too. :)

Eric

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Helicopter pilot flying over the North Sea for the offshore industry usually wearing a Survival Suit and Lifejacket Wear a Riseman @ work, also have a Breitling B-1 (used to wear it during work, but was getting a lot scratches) and an Omega SMP (2254) which gets a lot of wrist time when I'm off duty..

D

We seem to be doing this periodically at least 2-3 times a year...so for those too lazy to search I'm a senior network guy where I work...

I don't predominately wear suite and a tie but ocasionally I sleep.... eeerrrr I mean attend big meetings to suite and a tie are a must... yep, I'm probably the only guy here at the forum who has no probs wearing Frog with suite and a tie.

Frogs RULE!

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I'm a radiographer (also called a radiologic technologist or "X-ray tech") and I work in the ER of a fairly large hospital.
    I wear scrubs all day so fashion doesn't come in to play at all when selecting a watch.
    But my watch does have to be water-resistant since I wash my hands over a hundred times a day, and it might get blood or other bodily fluids on it (no leather straps for me).

My lastest favorites are....

I'm a medical representative, hence I wear a business suit all day. I don't wear my G's to a suit, but I don't have a problem wearing my Black Monster on a bracelet to a suit
    Cheers,
    Micha

I'm in microbiology and almost always wear my Riseman. In the lab I use the timer and stopwatch a lot (displaying time in all modes is a big plus). I sometimes wear my black monster or skx011, a diver bezel works quite well as a timer too.

Managing Director of a health supplement company - I can wear pretty much whatever I like usually. Though I wear the Rado as it's slim and fits under a shirt sleeve easily, but most days I'm in casual gear with a G on

Quote Originally Posted by Pierz View Post
    a diver bezel works quite well as a timer too.
    I agree - it's like a low-tech chronograph. I've used diving bezels like this for years!!

--Greg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information