The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread! - Page 4

Thread: The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: The "What Do You Do?" and "What Do You Wear?" Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Hi Catherine

Good to see someone posting who can give a female perspective to this madness!

Mitch
    Probably won't be too much help in that regard. I was an unreformed tom boy growing up. 5 older brothers will do that. I was a forester before going to law school, and raised two boys. I know more about boy scouts and little league than I do about hannah montana.

I'm an enterainment lawyer. I can pretty much wear anything I want. My wardrobe ranges from suits, to "business casual" to jeans and polo shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierz View Post
    I'm in microbiology and almost always wear my Riseman. In the lab I use the timer and stopwatch a lot (displaying time in all modes is a big plus). I sometimes wear my black monster or skx011, a diver bezel works quite well as a timer too.

i'm right there with you. that's how i use my riseman....to time experiments.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

i m an aircrat avionic mechanic..lotsa of wires and grease involve...but i still wear my frogmans anywhere,anytime....ocassionally i wear the old gs like mudman,riseman or the wademan....the fit to my large wrist size

I'm an author, and I wear G-shocks because it doesn't really get in the way of my focus.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by rideough View Post
    I'm a lineman in the Canadian army. My duties include that of a regular infanteer, as well as climbing and building towers, climbing telephone poles and constructing pole lines, and installing and maintaining underground cable systems ( manhole work). It is rough and dirty work that I really enjoy and now I'm in a supervisory role so unfortunately I spend alot of time doing paperwork too. In Canada I usually wear my GW5600J to work unless I know I'm in the office all day, in that case I usually wear a Hamilton King Khaki automatic. In Afghanistan I wear the GW5600J or the Orsa Tan mil watch. At home I have been known to wear 5 or so watches during the day!
    That is my job too, except the desk work and Afghanistan part.

I wear a Mudman to work.

Police Officer. The paw1300 is my work watch because of its big clear display and always-correct time for notetaking; in fact, at the start of each shift I record in my notebook if my watch synched that morning. It's nice because our dispatch uses the same time signal so my times always match up with those on the call history. On one occasion I also used the compass feature to update backup units on my direction after getting turned around while on foot in some dark alleys.

Chad

Astronomer. I'm another unreformed tomboy who wears pretty much everything in my signature. In the observatory, I wear mostly my G300LV-7; it's so convenient for monitoring UTC and local time simultaneously. Plus...it just looks good. I just love that watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Popoki Nui; October 7th, 2009 at 01:27.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

I am a photographer and abstract painter. At this very moment I am wearing a beautiful mint condition Tissot Seastar with a black face on a brown leather strap. Most other times I wear a Wenger chronograph or a beautifully restored vintage Omega Seamaster from 1954 that has this lovely yellow patina.

I am an Aviation Line Tech and Volunteer Firefighter, I primarily wear my 6900 or Muddies to work. The 6900 has just been a tough, no nonsense watch for me for years. The Seiko's and Invicta's usually come out for other things.
    Last edited by Tank; October 7th, 2009 at 09:23.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information