What do you guys think of this?

Thread: What do you guys think of this?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation What do you guys think of this?

A good fella on another forum posted this up today. His new G-5600. A beauty

Photo courtesy of RobMrks, TZ.

This was posted in response, by a guy calling himself "The Professor"...

Not technically a watch....
    Watches provide information, they don't consume it. This piece of equipment consumes information beamed into it from a vast (and unreliable!) infrastructure and simply displays it.

Further, because it no longer needs to be accurate on its own, companies often use quartz movements that were rejected due to timekeeping problems (out of spec), but now can be salvaged because they don't really need to keep time.

This is a wrist-wearable interface to a radio network. To call it a watch denigrates many centuries of watchmaking.

Personally I think this guy is talking rubbish. I wanted to unleash on him, however I told him so in a polite tone.

Your thoughts please

Fats
    Last edited by Fatpants; September 26th, 2007 at 18:42.

Re: What do you guys think of this?

The conspiracy theory folks are entertaining for sure! As far as the atomic watches go, they are every bit as accurate as any standard quartz on their own.

The words 'snob' and '.....' are 'beamed' into my mind!

Watches are frickin evil!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
    The words 'snob' and '.....' are 'beamed' into my mind!

A watch is a timepiece or portable clock that displays the time and sometimes the day, date, month and year. In past centuries, these often took the form of pocket watches, which today are seldom carried or worn. In modern usage, watch is usually a contraction of wristwatch, a name for the most popular style of timekeeping device worn on the wrist.
    Yep I'm pretty sure it is a watch! maybe you should tell him to save him some future embarrassment!

Watches are frickin evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpants View Post
    Not technically a watch.... Watches provide information, they don't consume it. This piece of equipment consumes information beamed into it from a vast (and unreliable!) infrastructure and simply displays it. Further, because it no longer needs to be accurate on its own, companies often use quartz movements that were rejected due to timekeeping problems (out of spec), but now can be salvaged because they don't really need to keep time. This is a wrist-wearable interface to a radio network. To call it a watch denigrates many centuries of watchmaking.
    Your thoughts please.
    What an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    What an a-hole.
    You took the words out of my mouth, pretentious mincer

It is no less a watch than any other, 'wristwatch' is a simple name for a device whose remit is simple too - tell the time (whilst being able to fasten around ones wrist)

However, i've a sneaky feeling that we're inadvertently feeding a troll here

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth, pretentious mincer

It is no less a watch than any other, 'wristwatch' is a simple name for a device whose remit is simple too - tell the time (whilst being able to fasten around ones wrist)

However, i've a sneaky feeling that we're inadvertently feeding a troll here

Rusty
    Yes...there is definately a troll scent in the air. Beware. They are like stupid people. To paraphrase a quote: You can't argue with them, as doing so brings you down to their level, and they will beat you with experience.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpants View Post
    A good fella on another forum posted this up today. His new G-5600. A beauty
    GW-5600.

And I'd have to query 'good fella' too...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Un majadero integral.
    Just too rude to translate it....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information