WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What does anyone think of MTG-910D-2VER

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  cal..45 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I think it's only cosmetically different from the Twisted Metal G I own. My watch is heavy - I take it off if I'm using a keyboard all day because it's distracting - and unkillable. Very comfortable,very tough bracelet. And I don't think the watch has EVER missed a time synch from the atomic clock transmissions, so it's always accurate.

Only two minuses, which may not matter:

- Many of the resin G's - like the 5600's - have replacement bezels and backs, so you can pop a new one on if the front of the watch gets scratched. This watch won't.

- My watch has everything but a countdown timer. If this matters to you then google the serial number for the spec.

A multiband 5600 with the optional composite bracelet might be an alternative - it would be lighter and you'd be able to replace bezels. But you might prefer heavier to lighter - a lot of people do.

#6 ·
:-! You will love this watch as soon as you get it. I bought the US release of this yesterday... It is a bit top heavy, but the thing is down right :p It fits extremely comfy on my small wrist. (had to have six links removed and the clasp put on the first hole.) I'm anxious to know how you like it once you get it. b-)

#7 ·
I think I prefer the stealthier livery of the US release...but I wanted the atomic timekeeping...mostly I just liked the look of the thing though I can't think of any reason why I needed it :D When it gets here I will retire my old G-730 I think...if tiktox.com are up to their usual great standards it should be here on Thursday or Friday woot !

#8 ·
Mine will sync, but it doesn't have GMT, so I guess it won't for a portion of Canada. I, of course, didn't need mine, either. Saw it and instantly WANTED it. End of story. Easy to do when I only have to answer to myself. :-d
Hopefully yours has some life when you get it. Mine obviously hadn't seen the light of day, or any light for that matter, for a VERY long time. Took two hours of being out of the box before I ever got a reading. Just a blank face staring back at me. About 24 hours later it is still flashing CHARGE and won't let me use any functions. That was one dead battery! I was really wanting to wear it to work today, too..:-(

#11 ·
Argh that's lousy.

All I can say is that the only time one of my G's was totally dead it took a couple of days to get it to medium charge. It was pretty grey out though.

Oh yeah she was prolly right btw about the nuts thing :-!:-d:-!

#13 ·
the MTG-910 is a beautiful watch, still one of the best looking G's ever made IMO. if casio only decided to make this multi band atomic (minor importance) and give it a good 24h cdt (major importance) it could have been an (almost ;-)) perfect digital watch.

my girlfriend wear her MTG-910 really a lot and it shows a good portion of abuse - but hey, thats what those things are made for.

because it lacks the ctd, i got the MTG-911 (also the MI:3 model) which have a 60min. cdt but no atomic. it didn't got much wristtime lately and sits too often in the box, still glad i have one though.

regards, holger

#19 · (Edited)
the MTG-910 is a beautiful watch, still one of the best looking G's ever made IMO. if casio only decided to make this multi band atomic (minor importance) and give it a good 24h cdt (major importance) it could have been an (almost ;-)) perfect digital watch.
What do you mean "almost?" ;-) I'm convinced that is the reason that they don't put the CDT on the 900/910/930 series: people would buy one (or maybe two, for a backup), and that would be it! I know a 900 with a CDT would take care of all my needs.

because it lacks the ctd, i got the MTG-911 (also the MI:3 model) which have a 60min. cdt but no atomic. it didn't got much wristtime lately and sits too often in the box, still glad i have one though.
If you ever think that you might want to sell it...... :think:

#15 ·
Nice, it's a good watch. b-)

#20 ·
Yippee! After a tad more than 48 hours I can finally use the functions on my newest baby |> Wearing it to work tomorrow.... YAY!! b-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.