What effect will i get if i try to RIT dye this?

Thread: What effect will i get if i try to RIT dye this?

What effect will i get if i try to RIT dye this?

I'm trying to Stealth this out to black, will it work? or will i end up with some funky two tone effect!

If its not possible has anyone got any suggestions to what colour i could dye it to produce something cool, as im not really feeling the green/yellow camo....

Thanks for looking!!

Re: What effect will i get if i try to RIT dye this?

Seems a waste to dye that to black. You should just buy a black band and bezel set from the regular DW-6900, stealth the letters if you like, and then sell that colored set.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

I've got limited dying experience but generally the black rit dye is just very dark blue/purple, so you might get some funky results, but i've heard if you leave it in long enough any watch will turn black

As said above, i'd buy the black bezel and strap, might set you back £30, but the camo set will sell for sure

or for the least effort just sell this model and buy a brand new 6900 with whatever you get

Seiko 007 | Seiko Black Monster | Citizen Skyhawk JY0000-53E | G-Shock GW-9200-1ER "Riseman" | DW-6900-MS1 | GW-6900-1ER | GW-5600-1ER |
    Custom G-5600-A7 | G-9100-1ER "Gulfman" | G-9000-MS1 "Mudman" | Nite MX10 300t | Rotary Aquaspeed AGS00013W04

Still to come....Orange Monster | Christopher Ward | Steinhart Ocean 1

One Day....Omega Speedmaster Pro | Rolex Sub

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=sl8763;3363272]Seems a waste to dye that to black. You should just buy a black band and bezel set from the regular DW-6900, stealth the letters if you like, and then sell that colored set.[QUOTE]

+1

If you dye it I personally think that the result would be OK, but if you're after a stealth look, sell this set on the forum (it will sell) then call casio USA and buy the military series resin and strap and screws with the money from the sale. The "factory Stealth" is pretty good.
    Matt

Thread Information