What is the exact Model of this DW-9052?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sjors

Thread: What is the exact Model of this DW-9052?

I have been searching on Internet for a long time. But I still haven't found the answer.
    Name:  QQ截图20140312144908.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  190.8 KB

Re: What is the exact Model of this DW-9052?

Looking at the colors scheme makes me want to guess you need an Asian overseas catalog from around 1998 - 2000 to find out what this is. It could be franken, but there is a good chance this is an original model. I started collecting from the time these DW-9000/DW-9050/DW-9052 were easy available, but I can't remember seeing this one.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; March 12th, 2014 at 14:23.
    nigelw likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

A friend remind me of DW-004BC-3V which has the same colors scheme with this 9052. Here is a picture of DW-004BC-3V.
    Name:  0f971a7b02087bf452e9ca5ef0d3572c11dfcf06.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  39.2 KB

Thank you for your advice!
    Best regards,

longteng

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It appears to have "Water 200M Resist" on the top part of the dial. Maybe a USA release?

Does it have "DW-9052" on the case-back? What module number is given on the caseback?

Sometimes a light gray color will turn green over time depending on amount of exposure to light. Is the green color consistent and even? Could it have been sem-transparent "jelly" resin?

The closest match I could find was a DW-9000SG-8 which according to Pacparts was released in the USA in 1997. It appears to have had a smoky dark jelly resin strap, which I don't think would've turned that greenish. Obviously, if it says "DW-9052" on the caseback, it's not a DW-9000.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

It has "DW-9052" on the case-back, but no more detail module number.
    The gray color doesn't seem to be turned from semi-transparent resin.
    Anyway, I'm not sure for its original degree...

Thank you for your help!
    Best regards,

longteng

Well, I'm stumped. It must be something that may only be covered in a G-Shock catalog from back around '97 to 2000, like Sjors said.

If the strap has turned color from sunlight exposure, it will usually show the true original color on the inside of the strap or anywhere that has been hidden from the light.

I see that G-Shock Asia has a "G-Shock Finder" tool now, very similar to "Perfect Search" on G-Shock/Japan but it only goes back a few years.

If I had old catalogs I'd be working hard at scanning them and getting forgotten models up online so that they can be searched for on the WWW. Much more than not having this or that model, I feel empty about not having a complete history of all G-Shock releases around the world. So much history is very poorly accounted for when it comes to G-Shocks sold outside of Japan.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

All I could find is http://............/lmuyjzd didn't provide much info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Baconbitz; March 14th, 2014 at 20:37.

It is hard to get the model number of such an uncommon 9052.

Thread Information