What G-Shock related activity did you do today?
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By computer_freak
  • 3 Post By kung-fusion
  • 2 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: What G-Shock related activity did you do today?

I cleaned my GDF-100-4. Got this watch two days ago from a private seller, picked it up in person. It was very dirty. A quick rinse didn't really do much, so I did a proper cleansing today.

Name:  IMG_1953.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  73.5 KB
    GDF-100-4 without bezel. Still very stylish. But the buttons turn on their axis, so you can't really wear it without the bezel

Name:  IMG_1954.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  92.3 KB
    The crystal and case before the cleaning. Yuck.

Name:  IMG_1955.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  77.7 KB
    After cleaning. Just a rinse and polish, didn't dare to submerge it due to the sensor being exposed.

Name:  IMG_1957.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  104.1 KB
    The bezel got a nice dish-soap bath. It is now as-new. The "TI" from "ALTI-THERMO" on the right side of the bezel did need a bit of tootbrush action.

Name:  IMG_1959.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  146.9 KB
    There was some gunk on the inside of the band, nothing a cotton swab can't remove.

Name:  IMG_1960.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  102.7 KB
    Obligatory post cleaning wrist-shot. The red is a bit washed out here due to the lighting and camera (phone).

Pretty much a brand-new watch now. There is a small mark on the band from where the clasp rests, but I have the same wrist-size as the previous owner so you can't see it when I'm wearing it. The clasp has some scuffs, but no scratches, not even micro ones. And the back plate has some dings and scratches, but nothing serious. Small stuff. I'm very happy with it.

Watch is highly recommended. The inverse LCD is very sharp and large, and that the LCD has four lines is useful (i.e. current time in all modes). Fits nicely on a 6.7" flat-top wrist, better than my GD-X6900. Sure, it has some downsides, like the lack of solar/atomic and the missing top-right button, but I got it for one-third of retail and for that kind of money I don't mind. I'm not going to write more about it, Sjors already did a wonderful piece.

So what G-Shock related activity did you do today?

Re: What G-Shock related activity did you do today?

Nice score I've always likes that color on that model.
    I repainted the lettering on my M5610 and the G-Shock lettering on the bracelet clasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Working on modding/restoring my Master Blue Gulfman. I picked up a matte black bezel and black inner ring from pacparts yesterday and I have a NATO strap and adaptors ready to install. Just still working on polishing the crystal which is 95% done. That last 5% may take an hour or two. I have been working on it a little each day, but I am more motivated now that I have the spare parts on hand. I need to be patient though and not cut corners, really do a good job on the crystal or ultimately I will be disappointed in the mod.
    Vdubz, yankeexpress and Piowa like this.

Damn Kung you always have some project going. Do you typically buy, restore and then sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Vdubz View Post
    Damn Kung you always have some project going. Do you typically buy, restore and then sell?

I have done that in the past but this one is for me. I made a similar gulfman in the past, sold it for less than it cost to make, and afterward missed it. So I am making this one for myself
    yankeexpress and Vdubz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I have done that in the past but this one is for me. I made a similar gulfman in the past, sold it for less than it cost to make, and afterward missed it. So I am making this one for myself
    Good for you wear it in health. Pics when you're finished.

Thread Information