What G you initially did not like but now it's starting to look good?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What G you initially did not like but now it's starting to look good?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LUW

Question What G you initially did not like but now it's starting to look good?

Sometimes you see a G and you immediately think it's ugly or too big or whatever. But then something happens and it starts to grow on you, and suddenly you're seriously thinking about getting one . Did that ever happened to you?

For me the best example of this was the G-9300. When it came out I just couldn't come to like it, but with time it started to appeal to me, and I ended up getting one. Though I only have it for about two days now, I think it's one of my best Gs . Another one was the G-8000. When I first saw it, honestly, I thought it was basically fugly . But now, it's one of those models that if I ever find one I'll definitively buy (totally Sedi's fault). The GX-56 is one more example. I'm not yet in the love phase, but I'm far from the hate phase that I was when I first was introduced to the so-called G-Shock King. However, it's a model that still has to mature some in my eyes before I seriously think about getting one.

What about you?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: What G you initially did not like but now it's starting to look good?

Must be my blue king. I didn't want it before because it looks too big. But it turns out to be fun to wear. It has all functions that I need including the dual time, 24 hr ST/CDT, solar atomic. Love it now.

LOL...see the "6900" thread I started earlier! That should sum it up for me.
    Morteza likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You guys here basically talked me into a Jason and a King...I thought they were both sorta ridiculous before that. I like them a lot now, especially the Jason.

I'm considering a G-7800 these days
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

When I started collecting and was visiting this forum regularly, the GW9200 Riseman was everywhere, to be honest initally I hated it and couldn't see what the fuss was about, assymetrical and a very plasticky, odd looking G. It was only after reading reviews on it and watching the Tanaka video that I became quite curious about it.
    I decided that it must okay if certain well respected G people kept banging on about it. Well, when the price of a GW9200 on Amazon ended up at the same price as a G9200 I caved in and bought one.
    To my surprise I loved it as soon as I took it out of the box, I agreed with all the reviews, it was well made, a quirky but well designed, functional watch with a nice display with cool chunky digits. The strap is very confortable and the size and bulk are just absolutely bang on.
    This was definitely a watch I didn't like that become a very fond favourite.

GW9200-1ER

My most extravagant case is the King. I HATED IT. I couldn't bear seeing it around the forum.
    Now I want an orange King. But I still think the module is unacceptably old and small for this HUGE watch.
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

When I got into g-shocks I didn't understand why some people liked the small squares like the dw-5600's and dw-5000's
    I now have nearly 30 of them! More than any other kind of g-shock.

When I 1st saw the G-8000 I thought it looked hideous. The GX-56 looked ridicoulus to me, too - case too big, digits too small. But I think there's many Gs that grow on you over time. And after a while they all look great .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Without a doubt, the GWF-1000.

When the new design arrived I HATED it. I felt they took an excellent watch, great module, and a perfect size, and blew it up, added too much, and overpriced it. I really felt they should had just made a version of the 200 series with Atomic, and many would be happy.

Then I saw review after review, and photo after photo, and just as I like to suck people in on certain models, you guys usually have to do that to me first lol

It is now one of my favorite G's that I enjoy wearing it often and giving it good wrist time.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 4 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701