What to go for next?
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: What to go for next?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to go for next?

So my wife thinks Iíve lost it completely.

Iím on the hunt for another square. Currently own just the gmw-b5000 but this square has done its job on me.

Last week I sold my Rolex Explorer. My thought was why bother having such an expensive watch that gets no wrist time? I have a speedy in case I want to go mechanical and that one has sentimental value to me, so itís never leaving.

The squares are just perfect for me. Must come with solar and mb6... makes it a perfect watch I never need to think about.

Now to my question. I have the silver b5000 and am in a conundrum. I want a black square and I have narrowed my choices to two: the gw5000 and the black b5000.

But I donít know which one to choose. Iím leaning towards the gw5000 (and adding a combi bracelet) due to it being the least blingy. Would I regret this? Is the b5000 more right for me?

A side note: I donít use the Bluetooth functionality at all and donít plan to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    acadian, kubr1ck and Dxnnis like this.

Re: What to go for next?

Man that's a difficult one.

If you don't use the BT I would highly consider the GW-5000. I have a custom one with the combi 2.0 band and it's super comfortable.

But you need to be okay with the crystal on that watch as it's much more understated when compared to the B5000. The crystal on the B5000G-1 (assuming you are looking at the positive display one) is exactly the same as the B5000D, so if you want something different - it's another reason go pick the GW-5000.

Another thing to consider - I find BT to eat up more battery life than the regular non BT solar squares.

just my $0.02
    JustAbe, Dxnnis and Ottovonn like this.

Most everyone here is going to suggest GW-5000.

It has the same high-quality stainless steel case with DLC as your B5000 steel. Japan-made construction. High-quality band. Both products are boxing in the same weight class.

If your other choice is the GW-B5000 in black resin, it's going to be closer in quality to the rest of the china-made square lineup - resin case with a backplate, and functionally, won't behave that different from your GMW-B5000 in look and feel. Could be a plus if you're looking for yin & yang, though (same watch module, but with luxury and pedestrian expressions)

Only caveat is that once you saddle up with a GW-5000 and a full metal B5000... if you're into watches for the craftsmanship and perceived quality, you'll be heading downmarket from there (save for the upcoming titanium mania). Might miss out on the fun of starting with an F91-W and working your way up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you considered the S5600? similar colour scheme to the 5000 but is slightly thinner. it's my first pick of the squares and one I'll be adding to the collection next year.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Dxnnis likes this.

Get Both!!! For the Rolex money you can afford them and if you buy one then sooner than later you are going to lust for the other one and you save on combined shipping too . It does not end with either only . You are going to get sucked in!!! See you at the G-Shock AA meet Good Luck
    Dxnnis likes this.
    One man's collector is another woman's hoarder

Hi Sweeper , take a good hard look at the Japanese ‘Stealth’ GW-5510-1BJF : Name:  153DBCE6-A194-4753-BFD2-F343427F81F5.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  2.12 MBName:  BF5A5656-7753-4C3E-B955-5E5735630F8B.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  2.08 MBName:  0484B2EF-80A1-43EC-AD8C-8089C1BE3FD0.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  1.99 MB I love wearing this watch! And also Sweeper, Welcome to the Madness.
    Last edited by judg69; 1 Week Ago at 23:47.
    Life is short. Enjoy the ride!

unless you REAALLLYYY like the b5000 enough to buy another colour id second the gw5000, youll end up getting one either way so might as well cut to the chase ;)
    Dxnnis likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

We have quite similar experience. I sold my explorer after I got gw-5000 and got b5000g1 later. Choosing between the two is really tough. If you looking for understated watch, gw-5000 fly under the radar really well. If you are looking for function the new module is superior to gw-5000 even without Bluetooth. B5000G1 is a little more top heavy. In real life I don't feel that it is super blingy.

If you are quite picky about how the watch fit, I find that two watches fit slightly different (combi too). I wear gw-5000 on 6th hole but b5000 on 5th hole. Combi fit 5600 better than screwed back on my wrist. But these differences are very small.
    Dxnnis likes this.

If you're used to and enjoy the weight of the B5000, the 5000 might feel cheap in comparison. But if you're looking for a square that you can beat around without worrying about, the 5000 is a perfect choice.

I love the metal squares and would personally choose the black with negative STN display. It exudes the same quality as your silver one but has a much more stealthy look. The two go great together - a nice yin & yang.

Name:  IMAG2544.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.33 MB
    Dxnnis, Irf, DaveATX and 2 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

I really like the combi bracelets, but the GW-5000 is one square I have kept the OEM strap as it is So Soft and comfortable, I like it even better than the combi
    Dxnnis and Facelessman like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information