What happened to the 'posting' options on this forum??
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What happened to the 'posting' options on this forum??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happened to the 'posting' options on this forum??

I use to post regularly on this forum, but have been remiss in recent months. Was trying to respond to a post today, and realised that the option to upload a photo had disappeared, and I'm not talking about the weaker 'manage attachments' option. You use to be able to link a photo from its web address, Also, I now cannot find any format options, 'bold', 'italic' etc... Has something been disabled or has the forum had the opposite to a facelift, and has had a facedown?
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: What happened to the 'posting' options on this forum??

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I use to post regularly on this forum, but have been remiss in recent months. Was trying to respond to a post today, and realised that the option to upload a photo had disappeared, and I'm not talking about the weaker 'manage attachments' option. You use to be able to link a photo from its web address, Also, I now cannot find any format options, 'bold', 'italic' etc... Has something been disabled or has the forum had the opposite to a facelift, and has had a facedown?
    You need to use "Go Advanced" - bottom right under the regular post box.

NO, I take that back. There are many ways to post and I can see and use all the tings you mentioned as not seeing????

Reply - Reply to Thread - Reply with quote - Go Advanced.

Name:  g_shock_red_g_lide_resin_5600_by_mrunserious-d2z9pm1.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  102.2 KB
    Last edited by TixTox; December 5th, 2014 at 01:00.
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

The website's been pretty unstable lately. I've experience many crashes as well. Also seems like they're reducing the size limit for photos as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You've refreshed my memory - I remember the 'advanced' option now. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up for me! I wonder where the heck it is gone??
    Last edited by StephenWatch; December 5th, 2014 at 01:02.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Now, that's odd - I'm using Firefox 33.1, no 'advanced' option. Flicked over to Chrome and there it is! Firefox is usually perfect & I use it all the time. Well, at least I know what the problem is...

Apologies for the flurry of posts!Doing the with Chrome, and this is the screen I get with Firefox - no 'advanced', though on Chrome I get full posting options...

Name:  casio web fault.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  58.8 KB

But I see it all and I use FireFox 33.1.

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  93.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TixTox View Post
    But I see it all and I use FireFox 33.1.
    Mine just updated to 34.0 a minute ago, LOL. Firefox changes versions faster than any other browsers. There's some stability issue with 33.1 as I observed with other websites.

There's some stability issue with WUS forum site as well, at this very moment. I've observed not long ago threads updating very slowly. It's showing someone's just posted to a thread in the main G-shock forum page, but that post won't show up when viewing the thread until much later. There's some kind of delay for the website. It's worse when I'm viewing the site without logging in. I don't know if this is just me.

As for the OP's problem with not seeing the picture function (and other post editing functions), try to clear all the browser history/cache, then restart browser to try again.
    Last edited by watch_geek2014; December 5th, 2014 at 04:28.

Browser updated to v34, all good now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information