What happened to the price of the Gulfmen?

Thread: What happened to the price of the Gulfmen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happened to the price of the Gulfmen?

Has anyone else noticed the bottom has fallen out of the price for an orange or blue Gulfman? I just bought a blue Gulfman for under $100 shipped, and the orange models are everywhere on Ebay for even cheaper. Why would that be? I was under the impression both these models had been discontinued for some time now. Up until this week, the blue model was consistently on the bay for $300+. I'm not complaining as I've admired the blue model for awhile now, but always considered it to be cost prohibitive. Not anymore. There are 3 more on Ebay as I type this for under $110 if anyone else is interested in them. Who knows if the price will stay down.

Re: What happened to the price of the Gulfmen?

I ws just wondering this myself. I don't like either model particularly, but they are suddenly available and cheap. they might be fakes though.... I know some gulfman fakes look extremely close to the real thing, better than any other fakes I've seen.

Did you get your blue gulfman already, and can confirm it is genuine? And did you get it from ebay?

I just bought it today, so I don't have it yet, and it did come from the bay, however, it is from Watches Bay, who has 24,000+ positive feedback, and I have actually purchased from them before. I am pretty sure it is the same parent company that was involved in the GW1000BP frogman fiasco, so it would seem to be legit. We'll see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ah, yes, Watches-Bay is legit. Should be fine.

What was the frogman fiasco?
    oris 49mm der meistertaucher

They mistakenly listed two models of 1000 frogs for $130.00. Needless to say once word was out on this forum, we nearly bought them out of business. It was a fun like 5 hours, but in the end, all sales were canceled.

It all worked out in the end...we found a reputable vendor and a few members here ended up with BP Frogs from them anyway (myself included).
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I agree Tsip, in the end, no harm no foul.

in my theory, there was a lost shipment of the blue-gulfman originally ended up in Hawaii - but then, Casio over there could not distribute to many dealers as they wanted (there was only one dealer who took like 10), so they ask dealers from other places, Macys wouldn't take it because it's OLD new stocks, Zummie wouldn't take it either because their G's don't sell well enough - so are few dealers from the US and Canada, so HongKong dealers take it because they are around this forum to monitor the market trends, they also bargained down that shipment

Which blue one are we talking about, is it the MIEB one or the darker one I've seen available?
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Collect London Pirate Girl, Collect London Aztec Skull, Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Turbokolor, Krink, Kawasaki 25th anniversary, Kawasaki (green), DGK, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, Playclothes, DGK2, [email protected], Nigel Sylvester 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information