What happens to a negative display left in the hot sun (spoiler: it's okay)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alexs12
  • 1 Post By edwing206

Thread: What happens to a negative display left in the hot sun (spoiler: it's okay)

What happens to a negative display left in the hot sun (spoiler: it's okay)

This happened to me some weeks ago, but I only now got around to posting the pictures. I had left my Tough Solar watches out in the enclosed porch in the strong sun, and all of them looked fine except for the AWG-M100B. The LCD's (all three of them) had turned all blank and "positive," but within minutes out of the heat and light, gradually all turned back to normal, one LCD after the other. The moral is: the damage wasn't permanent, but I wouldn't risk it in hot and sunny weather for longer than 10-20 minutes. It might be worth placing the watch in see-through container full of water in such conditions.
    All is well that ends well!

Name:  IMG_4000.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  89.5 KBName:  IMG_4001.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  82.0 KBName:  IMG_4002.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  85.2 KBName:  IMG_4003.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  83.6 KBName:  IMG_4004.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  95.4 KB
    nigelw likes this.

Re: What happens to a negative display left in the hot sun (spoiler: it's okay)

I once left a box of 10 rare Frogmans out in the sun and went back to check on them and all the displays were totally blacked out. I didn't know this was normal, so I was more than a little concerned. But when I brought them back in, they returned to normal in a couple of minutes. I have never seen the opposite happen with a negative display though, but it makes sense.

Wow that's strange!
    I once left my Riseman in the freezer to see if the thermometer was accurate and when I took it out the digits were moving so slow, it looked pretty funny. I guess that's one way to slow down time.
    Flex1493 likes this.
    -Luis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I left my negative outside in the sun once and it temporarily "died". It came back, as yours did.

Thread Information