What has been your most accurate G-Shock and is it consistent?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MCZK
  • 1 Post By KillaSkill
  • 1 Post By greg1491
  • 1 Post By jer_
  • 1 Post By rcorreale

Thread: What has been your most accurate G-Shock and is it consistent?

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Question What has been your most accurate G-Shock and is it consistent?

All quartz watches have reasonable accuracy, especially when compared to their mechanical brethren (of course, discounting various highly expensive movements that seek to bridge the gap, like Spring Drive and Tourbillon). In CASIO's G-Shock world, we are promised a certain range of accuracy "out of the box" at +/- 15 seconds per month. Curiously enough, all of the CASIO watches I've bought save for just 1 (which is an SGW-300) gain some seconds per month, not lose. Some are better than others.

I have read a few testimonies on WUS stating how one watch model or another was insanely accurate, like drifting barely +0.5 sec/mo or having shown just +1.5 sec drift after 5 months of sitting in a drawer. Pretty amazing.

For me, there's one watch that did something I've never seen before. I synchronized it and then checked on it periodically, seeing barely any deviation, and then at the 1 month mark double-checked to find it DEAD-ON accurate. It's a G-2900. I've never had a G-Shock that accurate before. Even the ones I've time adjusted the best will gain or lose about 1-2 seconds per month. So, I'm of course hoping that this G-2900 may exhibit a little better thermal resistance than my other watches and keep on being accurate, but I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't. That's the innate problem with basic quartz movements--they will fluctuate in their rate of time drift. Most vintage G-Shock watches exhibit a notable gain in time per month, due to aging of the quartz crystal.

So... what's your most accurate G-Shock and how long has it been keeping great time?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Re: What has been your most accurate G-Shock and is it consistent?

I bought my son a G-Shock Mini last Christmas (actually, I've now bought him three of them. When I know I've pushed it with my wife in how many watches I've bought, I know she will relent when I want to buy the boy one). Anyway, I digress, a few days back I checked the accuracy with my just synced Rangeman and it was running 1 second fast. It is at least six months since I've bothered checking it, especially as he has insisted wearing either of the other colours so the original black one has just sat on his shelf until recently. I was most impressed, not sure any of mine have that kind of accuracy without a sync.
    KillaSkill and xevious like this.

Hard to believe it but my GA-100 has kept -1 seconds in the last month measured against my atomic king's time.
    xevious likes this.

Hail to the King, baby.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My made in China DW5600E I bought at walmart about 16 months ago has stayed consistent at +2 seconds a month. My DW6600 I bought in the mid 90's had over time gotten up to about +32 seconds a month so a few months ago I adjusted the trimmer screw until I got it down to +4 seconds a month and it has been consistent since. Most of my other non-atomic G's are around +10 or 12 which is good enough for me. All my G's gain seconds while my timex's all lose seconds per month.
    xevious likes this.
    Greg

I have a 4 month old dw 6900 that runs +4 secs a month, best G accuracy i have personally seen. my "atomics", without syncing can't come anywhere close to that.
    xevious likes this.

My DW-5030c gains 1'sec. every 30 days, making it the most accurate of my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    xevious likes this.

lvt

My GW-9200 is so accurate that I don't need the atomic sync, I usually reset it once a year.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Even without atomic sync on, my GW5000 gains +0.5 to +1 second a week. This is with approx. 4 days of wear in a week, and temperature variation of -1 to +15 celsius. With atomic sync on, it's accurate down to the millisecond. :)
    Suunto Core Sahara | Suunto Vector HR | Seiko SCC017 Solar Diver | Casio GW5000 (sold) | Casio Pathfinder PRW3000 (sold) | Suunto Elementum Terra (sold) | Ocean7 LM7 SS (sold) | Citizen Aqualand Classic II (sold) | Seiko 6309-7040 (sold) | Seiko 6105-8110 (sold) | Casio PAW-1500T (sold) | G-shock GW6900 (sold) |

My most precise Casio is not a G-Shock but my AE-1000W - it runs at about +2sec/month at room-temperature.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Interesting. My G-2900 too is also much more accurate than others, it lost about 1 second in 5 months.

Thread Information