Re: What kind of grease!

No more jokes, I swear.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get this:

DANCO 0.5 oz. Silicone Faucet Grease-88693 - The Home Depot

It's cheap and will last you a very long time.

For the love of Pete don't use Vaseline.
    Off topic: This product also works well in lubing flashlight o-rings.

On topic: Q: What should you do if your girlfriend starts smoking? A: Slow down and use a lubricant.
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; May 13th, 2015 at 05:26.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by widgydidge; May 14th, 2015 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post

Vaseline causes deterioration of seals & gaskets
    , particularly rubber, over the long haul. Not at all recommended.
    it would seem the ol aussie humor is once again lost lol
    (at least another aussie got the joke lol thanks mr didge! )

for thsoe playing at home, it was a saying made popular by a terrible comedy show in the 80s or 90s, basically if there was a problem, the answer was "put some bloody vaso on it". i thought the delivery and hint of "its so silly you'd know i wasnt serious" mightve been enough but alas not lol
    sorry guys, i'll stick to more universal dad joke material in the future eg. "i feel like a donut" "you sure dont look like one"
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Googling "put some bloody vaso on it" brings up exactly ONE webpage -- this thread. https://www.google.com/search?q=%22p...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I haven't seen such an sad, lonely-looking Google results page since the days I played a game called "Googlewhacking." Googlewhack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously, Aussie TV wasn't a huge global export back then.

"Australian Broadcasting Corporation: twice as many viewers as Aurora public-access cable channel 10" would be an awful slogan. (That's probably an equally obscure reference from American TV during the same time period -- I wonder if anybody will recognize THAT one without searching the internet. )

Quote Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1 View Post
    Off topic: This product also works well in lubing flashlight o-rings.

Glad to know it works on flashlight "O" rings. Considering I cleaned up my old Maglite 3D and applied this to the seals. I was surprised to see 4 gaskets in the flashlight.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

I use the silicon grease I got from homedepot for plumbing and it works perfectly
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Googling "put some bloody vaso on it" brings up exactly ONE webpage -- this thread. https://www.google.com/search?q=%22p...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I haven't seen such an sad, lonely-looking Google results page since the days I played a game called "Googlewhacking." Googlewhack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously, Aussie TV wasn't a huge global export back then.

"Australian Broadcasting Corporation: twice as many viewers as Aurora public-access cable channel 10" would be an awful slogan. (That's probably an equally obscure reference from American TV during the same time period -- I wonder if anybody will recognize THAT one without searching the internet. )
    ahaha i know your google-fu is strong but there is so much regional stuff esp. from that era that just doesnt exist. ive spent many a drunken night reminiscing with friends then trying to find an online presence of something relating to it only to be sadly disappointed. i mean one of the colleges where i stayed during my uni days (and first learnt how to drink myself within an inch of my life :p ) can not be found at all, completely nothing! 2 formidable years of my life with the making of many cool friends (who i sadly lost contact of before social media) gone without a trace. google maps showed a construction site a few years ago and that was it :( (just street viewed it again and its been resurrected with a new look and name)

it def. wasnt like it was in an international movie like "my big fat greek wedding" where the guy puts windex on everything lol
    sentiment of the joke is still the same tho, dont use personal bathroom products for "mechanical" application!

your quote strangely rings a distant bell but i cant make a connection to anything, maybe the simpsons?? lol tho aurora public access was in waynes world wasnt it? i only remember that cos it was on tv the other night so i watched it for the first time since the 90s lol
    man i had such a huge crush on tia carrera (not sure why now tho...) and yes ive been randomly "schwinging" chicks and inanimate objects ever since (much to my wife's dismay)

so uhh... anyway, in summary, dont use vaso on your watch, its like using cooking oil on your bike chain, sounds like a good idea but youre not going to have a good time.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    lol tho aurora public access was in waynes world wasnt it? i only remember that cos it was on tv the other night so i watched it for the first time since the 90s lol
    man i had such a huge crush on tia carrera (not sure why now tho...) and yes ive been randomly "schwinging" chicks and inanimate objects ever since (much to my wife's dismay)
    That IS in fact the reference -- well done!

...although if it weren't for the movie version, I'm not sure how many people around the globe would recognize it from "Saturday Night Live," where those skits originated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information