What is the life time of the solar rechargable battery in the new frogman?
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: What is the life time of the solar rechargable battery in the new frogman?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is the life time of the solar rechargable battery in the new frogman?

Hello
    If i buy a new frogman ,what will be the life time of the solar rechargable battery before it needs to be replaced ?

Re: What is the life time of the solar rechargable battery in the new frogman?

Probably 15 years or more as long as you don't let the battery charge go dead. Keep it charged on Medium or High.
    soulbridgemedia and Rocat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Probably 15 years or more as long as you don't let the battery charge go dead. Keep it charged on Medium or High.
    Great to hear that.
    Someone told me 5 years and i was disappointed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Probably at least 15 years, nobody really knows as the original Tough Solar Raysman are only about 18 years old and still going strong on original battery. For all we know, they may last forever.

I have dozens of solar watches and have never yet replaced a battery. They all work perfectly at full charge.
    StephenWatch and GaryK30 like this.

That's the reason Casio should *only* make solar watches and ditch battery powered watches, i heard numerous stories about watches dying because water entered the watch after the battery was replaced...
    MainePorsche likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchw View Post
    That's the reason Casio should *only* make solar watches and ditch battery powered watches, i heard numerous stories about watches dying because water entered the watch after the battery was replaced...
    I disagree, I like having both available. Casio makes some really good solar watches but they're not perfect and at the end of the day it's still another function that could fail. I find regular batteries more reliable.
    Solar watches are also slightly more expensive (not a fan of the cheaper ones tbh) and you can't always pop them in a drawer, forget about them for a year and slap then back on your wrist immediately.

If the battery is correctly changed, the gasket replaced if need be and water resistance properly tested, you're good to go. You just have to find some place you trust or do it yourself.
    xevious and brandon\ like this.
    I don't know everything, I just know what I know

I like the 'forever' prediction! I have a couple of Citizen solar watches, nearly 20 years old, and still registering on 'high'. Every solar Casio I have is still on 'high', and the oldest is now on 15 years old...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

If I get anymore G Shocks, they will only be Solar and Wavereceptor.
    Why wouldn’t I...(not a question)

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    If I get anymore G Shocks, they will only be Solar and Wavereceptor.
    Why wouldn’t I...(not a question)
    This. Both functions are so natural on their own right.

I think Casio tested the water with GG-1000 and GN-1000 if it is worthwhile to let these features go in favour of a more affordable price. I have no info on how this turned out, but any non-solar, non-multiband G watch is lost on me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    This. Both functions are so natural on their own right.

I think Casio tested the water with GG-1000 and GN-1000 if it is worthwhile to let these features go in favour of a more affordable price. I have no info on how this turned out, but any non-solar, non-multiband G watch is lost on me now.

I like the looks of the GG-1000 but I wont get one primarily because no multiband/solar. Plus they are usually priced at more then the "standard" Rangeman. That bit just baffles me.
    Rocat, Miklos86 and Time4Playnow like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information