What Light Is Best For Solar G's?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Light Is Best For Solar G's?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Light Is Best For Solar G's?

Hey everyone!

I love my solars, but the Chicago winter is very hard on them. What kind of light, besides daylight, which we don't get a lot of in my condo, is best?

I have a tungsten light at my desk which does nada, as well as a halogen at my wife's desk, does little.

I'm looking to either add a lamp like this to my desk and/or mount one in a g-shock case I plan on building.

Thanks!!
    Neil

Re: What Light Is Best For Solar G's?

A normal light from a bulb should be enough to charge the Solar battery but it'll take more time...since the Solar light is the fastest and ideal way to charge it. Anyway even if you dont see sun, the solar panel will be activated and will charge the battery because the radiation is there even if the sky is full of clouds (I have test this) so you should not worry about being without battery
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

I always put my Tough solar watch under table lamp with 27 W flurencent bulb. The distance between tham is aroud 2 ft. It works

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, remember to not let the bulb so close to the watch because it could damage the LCD panel or electronic components. 2 feets is good distance
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Isn't it a bright white fluorescent lamp that's best for solar Gs? They don't heat up the watch at all and they produce very bright light.

Someone made an LED charger for solars a while back (10 - 13 months ago?). Might want to do a search. They used 5 LED's & it seemed like a rather unique solution for situations like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by G004824 View Post
    I always put my Tough solar watch under table lamp with 27 W flurencent bulb. The distance between tham is aroud 2 ft. It works
    Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the watch? Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to get one with a 10 year battery?

Actually Tough Solar watch is designed for people with very active lifestyle.

However, My MI3 watch always stayed inside the drawer so that my wife won't spot it :-D It seldom exposed to light source and that's why I charge the battery using Fluorescent light. If the watch is constantly worn, then it's not neccessary to charge it deliberately.

From my knowledge, G shock watch don't come with 10 year battery.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalQuirk View Post
    Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the watch? Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to get one with a 10 year battery?

There are quite a few 10 year battery models now. Several here: http://www.watchesplanet.com/cgi-bin...ry+Life+Models

However, My MI3 watch always stayed inside the drawer so that my wife won't spot it :-D It seldom exposed to light source and that's why I charge the battery using Fluorescent light. If the watch is constantly worn, then it's not neccessary to charge it deliberately.

There are G models with 10 year batteries. The G-2900F for example.
    DW-003S, DW-5600C, G-306X, G-741D, GE-2000, GT-001, GW-200MS, GW-5600J, GW-9010, GW-9100, GW-9200, MTG-920DA, MTG-520M

Wanted: MRG-1200T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information