What is the longest you wore a watch band until you noticed it really stank?

Thread: What is the longest you wore a watch band until you noticed it really stank?

Question What is the longest you wore a watch band until you noticed it really stank?

For me, about a year, I smelled my stainless steel band, and took a smell of the band, and it stank so much in between the stainless steel watch links.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: What is the longest you wore a watch band until you noticed it really stank?

Nice!
    What about your pants
    By the way - I wash my band whenever I take a shower or a bath and I have never ever smelled anything strange there.
    Only atomic clocks tell you what time it is - all others try to do so.

Re: What is the longest you wore a watch band until you noticed it really stank?

simply outrageous, soap and water baby must now go clean beer off monitor

On a more sensible note, I wash mine most days, as being in the tropics most things get rapidly rancid, and you dont want to get superficial scratch infected, just because your watch strap is now classed life-form of it`s own

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; September 15th, 2010 at 17:36.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lol.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

I know some of you like them so apologies....

But the thought of a woven fabric watch band with all the weave clogged up with sweaty grot, old skin cells etc etc gives me the dry boke.

I use a very soft toothbrush with a weak detergent and lukewarm water once a week on my resin bands to avoid grottyness

ummm.....never???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

On a side note, I read somewhere (on this forum?) about how some hospitals ban doctors from wearing steel bracelet watches. Doctors are told they must have resin bands on their watches.

Ghobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Ghobbit View Post
    On a side note, I read somewhere (on this forum?) about how some hospitals ban doctors from wearing steel bracelet watches. Doctors are told they must have resin bands on their watches.
    A general rule frequently applied these days is nothing below the elbow if dealing with patients, except for a plain metal wedding ring. No watches at all.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    ummm.....never???? lol
    Same here. I can't relate to these threads at all, because I've simply never had a smelly strap
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Thread Information