What model of AWG-M100 should I take ?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steelhead
  • 1 Post By Iyonk

Thread: What model of AWG-M100 should I take ?

Banned

What model of AWG-M100 should I take ?

Hi there,

I love affordable watches, and the wave-ceptor funtion is really cool.
    If I want to get something nice for less than 100 £, Casio is the only option. I'm usually not a big fan of G-Shock (too big for my wrist), but when I saw the AWG-M100

Which one would you choose (or did you choose).
    There are 3 of them, I like the black one, but negative LCD display seems hard to read in daylight.

Is there lume on hands and markers ?

Name:  51PRULopUSL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  4.9 KB
    Name:  51T8mmqkKUL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  5.9 KB
    Name:  51vtZ95XlDL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  5.4 KB

Thanks
    Last edited by la vie est belle; April 30th, 2014 at 19:24.

Re: What model of AWG-M100 should I take ?

Is there lume on hands and markers ?
    Yes, there is lume.

Which one would you choose (or did you choose).
    There are 3 of them, I like the black one, but negative LCD display seems hard to read in daylight.
    I don't own any of these watches, but I looked at them in the store. You are right, even the positive LCD is hard to read because it is very small. The negative LCD is even harder to read. Depends on your personal preferences. Better looks, or better readability- which is more important or you?
    The metal ring of the blue one looked darker to me in real life than in the stock pics. Edit: I found this small negative LCD much harder to read in real life than in the stock pics...

For functionality, I would go for the version with the positive LCD. But, for my taste, this one looks a little bit cheap and old-fashioned (no offence to owners and friends of this watch, just my own very subjective opinion) and I personally don't like analogs with different colours of hour hand and minute hand.

For looks, I would go for the blue one, because it looks more elegant in real life than on the pics, and the markers are better visible than on the black one... but many peoply do like the stealth look!
    Last edited by RHJones; May 1st, 2014 at 03:08.

I have the black one. The hands are lumed, the dial isn't.

The subdials are easy enough to read when I focus on them. When I don't ... as the saying goes, "that's a feature, not a bug". I find that on most analog G-Shocks, the dial is too busy for me. With the M100B, all the busy-ness is black, so a quick glance will only pick up the hands.
    stevekl likes this.
    All Stainless, (almost) All The Time

TEAM SWITZERLAND: TAG Heuer Aquaracer WAF1113.BA0801, Rolex Oysterdate 6694, ESQ Filmore 07300964

TEAM JAPAN: Seiko SKX007K2, Seiko SBDC003, Seiko SGF204, Casio Edifice EF-503, Casio G-Shock DW5600E, Casio G-Shock AWGM100B, Casio G-Shock GW6900

TEAM GERMANY: Laco Valencia, Graf Zeppelin 7686-2

TEAM CHINA: sterile Radiomir, MM Luminor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Thanks for your answers.....I think my choice will be narrowed to the black or the blue one, I'll try to see them in real life !

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I would go with the blue one because the markers are illuminated, second choice is the all-black. I would avoid the one with red hour hand, it is nearly invisible in darkness and the LED doesn't help.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I bought the blue one, with the negative LCDs (2nd in you list of images), as I prefer the colours.

On pure styling it's what I'd still choose, but I can't help but think pure practicality and the positive LCDs of the first one would win out.

I'm in the minority here, since i personally dont have a great eyesight, the positive display is the only route for me because i personally wear the g-shock for the functions not just aesthetic look.. i dont have problem with the red hour hand, but i do like the all white hands since its gonna be even more legible.
    watch_geek2014 likes this.

I wonder why no one mentioned the white one with negative dials? I'm normally not a fan of white on black but that analog looks sweet.

Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; May 6th, 2014 at 07:21.

I recently bought the one with the blue bezel (AWG-M100A-1ACR). I think it looks even better in person than in the pictures I've seen. It's a smaller G-Shock, which is fine with me. As others have mentioned, the negative LCDs are hard to see unless the ambient light is very good, but I knew this before I purchased it.

I noticed that the hour hand was quite misaligned. It pointed to the hour markers at about five minutes past the top of the hour. I've seen other pictures and videos on the web that show this type of hour hand misalignment on various AWG-M100 models.

I exchanged it for a replacement unit, and the hour hand alignment is excellent on the second sample. I'm really enjoying wearing this watch.
    Last edited by GaryK30; December 14th, 2014 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I'm in the minority here, since i personally dont have a great eyesight, the positive display is the only route for me because i personally wear the g-shock for the functions not just aesthetic look.. i dont have problem with the red hour hand, but i do like the all white hands since its gonna be even more legible.
    Nice picture Iyonk. I have the same one. The red hour hand is actually a nice touch, matching the red tick marks and the "Tough Solar" trademark too. The honeycomb solar panel gives the watch more depth and fine detail as well. I enjoy looking at the watch a lot in day time. Unfortunately, the AWGM100 is not much a night time watch. The lume only lasts no more than 2 hours, even fully charged initially with CFL light. The amber LED light on the bottom, only dimly lit up the analog watch face, but not the 3 circular LCD displays. Rendering the watch only an analog in the dark.

For me at least, the choice is pretty easy between the different models of this watch, since I want a positive display and this is the only one. Those tiny displays are small to see even for positive, with negative they are totally worthless day and night!
    Last edited by watch_geek2014; December 15th, 2014 at 01:38.

Thread Information