WHAT?!??!?!! Not a single post in one hour!!????
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By gripmaster
  • 1 Post By Crater
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: WHAT?!??!?!! Not a single post in one hour!!????

WHAT?!??!?!! Not a single post in one hour!!????

OK so here's news - what do you think of this old timer, which my dad just gave to me a little while ago...
    How small is that compared to a KING!?

Name:  oldschool.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  83.7 KB
    Piowa, Sengyoku, nigelw and 2 others like this.

Re: WHAT?!??!?!! Not a single post in one hour!!????

It looks like one of the pre-gshock models, 240 module?

It's pretty small, something like 5600 series without bezel. But I like them a lot, lots of diffrent variations. It has marlin the fish on the right side, that's what it's know for, the Marlin model. There are few of them.

Strap is not original if I'm correct, not sure which one was original, maybe bracelet?
    gripmaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    It looks like one of the pre-gshock models, 240 module?

It's pretty small, something like 5600 series without bezel. But I like them a lot, lots of diffrent variations. It has marlin the fish on the right side, that's what it's know for, the Marlin model. There are few of them.

Strap is not original if I'm correct, not sure which one was original, maybe bracelet?

it says W-400 on the back... yes you are right about the Marlin. I have looked it up in some watch databases. funny the stuff from the 80s.I have been searching for the watch I was wearing in the 80s, I remember it had a thermometer in it and I was constantly checking the temperature with it...( kids...) but so far havent been able to actually determine which model it was I had. also at the time, one did not take any wrist shots...
    back to this one here, of course the strap is new, very funny it is the kind of strap they have on the keys for lockers in german public swimming pools....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had one of those. It is a W-400 Marlin. Came out in 1982 I think. One of the interesting things about it is that it is a plastic case, but has a stainless screwback. (Only a couple of Casios are like this). All the G-shock Casios that are screwbacks have all metal casings, not resin.

The module is not a 240, but it functions like one. The sound on mine was very loud (louder than my G-shocks). I sold it for $400. They are not ususally worth that much, but the one I had was NOS condition with original band. The original bands of these are all rotted away by now, only a few remain with their original bands (and the bands are so delicate you can't wear them). So if you want to wear it, it kind of needs to have a replacement band like this one does.

It is one of the better looking Marlins, and while small, still has a very nice module and wears well. The tough plastic cases do not rot away, so there is never a bezel issue with these (they don't have bezels)! unlike early G-shocks.
    gripmaster likes this.

Thread Information