What parts if any...

Thread: What parts if any...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What parts if any...

Does anyone know if there are replacement parts for the newer GW-M5600's available yet? im still waiting for mine to arrive and was wondering what was available for modifications. i mainly ask because id like to know if the bezel is compatible with any other G,GW,or DW-5XXX series watches. can i replace it with say a DW-5700 reissue bezel perhaps the only thing ive seen that might work would be the GW-M5500, (or of course the glorious gold bezel) but i hear that bezel is not removable.??? any info at all, is as always greatly appreciated:thanks
    Last edited by cascadien; June 21st, 2008 at 11:24.
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Re: What parts if any...

Hi again, Cascadien,

As for as I know the bezel of the GWM5600 is not compatible with the others in the 5600 range, with the exception of the also new GLX5600 G-Lide. Both use the same bezel.

DW5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

G5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

GW5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

GLX5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - Perfect match!

As for the strap, the GWM5600 uses the same strap as the DW5600, so any strap for this last model will do.

Also the DW-5600CL-1JF has strap adapters and strap that fits the M5600, see below, so if you want to put on a different sort of strap

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: What parts if any...

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hi again, Cascadien,

As for as I know the bezel of the GWM5600 is not compatible with the others in the 5600 range, with the exception of the also new GLX5600 G-Lide. Both use the same bezel.

DW5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

G5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

GW5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - No dice:

GLX5600 (up) / GWM5600 (below) - Perfect match!

As for the strap, the GWM5600 uses the same strap as the DW5600, so any strap for this last model will do.
    Thanx allot Vintage, you really went all out with the photo's
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Hey Vintage great photos. I had no idea the GWM was so much smaller than the other 5600 models. Is it noticeably smaller when you are wearing it??? (OR is it just the pics that make it look smaller???)
    Last edited by GurdyGurds; June 21st, 2008 at 03:08. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by GurdyGurds View Post
    Hey Vintage great photos. I had no idea the GWM was so much smaller than the other 5600 models. Is it noticeably smaller when you are wearing it??? (OR is it just the pics that make it look smaller???)
    @ GurdyGurds,

Thanks!

It is not so noticeable, I think; but let's say that if you're into 5600s a lot, as I am, you do feel that difference to the small side when you wear the GWM5600. And I like that, actually.

@ Cascadien,

You're welcome.

Will the bezel and strap from either the DW5025D-8 or DW5025B-7V fit on a standard DW5600E?

M-T minds are curious..

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    Will the bezel and strap from either the DW5025D-8 or DW5025B-7V fit on a standard DW5600E?

M-T minds are curious..
    Yes.

All current DW5025 special editions, are, for practical purposes, DW5600Es (less the screwback, of course).

Edit: DougFNJ made a DW5025 Ocean Gray mod; he put a DW5600E regular black resin bezel on it.
    Last edited by Vintage; June 21st, 2008 at 06:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    Also the DW-5600CL-1JF has strap adapters and strap that fits the M5600, see below, so if you want to put on a different sort of strap

Mike, that's an outstanding mod. I've said it and I say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Yes.

All current DW5025 special editions, are, for practical purposes, DW5600Es (less the screwback, of course).

Edit: DougFNJ made a DW5025 Ocean Gray mod; he put a DW5600E regular black resin bezel on it.
    Thanks, Vintage!

I see some new DW5025 parts in my future...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information