What is the ROUGHEST treatment your G-shock ever received???
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is the ROUGHEST treatment your G-shock ever received???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the ROUGHEST treatment your G-shock ever received???

So whether it was on purpose, like your own 'torture test' for one of your Gs... or an accident or similar thing that your G went thru, what was the worst treatment that one of your Gs ever received?

My little story happened while I was wearing my GW3500B-1A. I had just bought a hammer drill (good way to start off a g-shock story, right?!), and needed to drill some holes in the concrete floor of my garage. I was so focused on setting up and using the drill properly that it honestly never even occurred to me to even check WHICH watch I was wearing, let alone take it off before using the drill!! I had to drill several holes about 1.5 inches deep. And let me tell you, there was an absolutely HUGE amount of vibration that came from the drill and traveled right up my arms. (yes, I've seen the vibration test video for Gs, and what I experienced was much worse, IMO) This work took me about an hour. It was only afterwards that I thought, uh-oh, I'm sure I should not have been wearing a watch while doing this... and fearfully looked down to see which watch I was wearing (I wear many non-Gs, too) -- but lo and behold, it was my GW3500B Aviator!! Talk about a watch that was meant to take that kind of punishment. Tough movement and all... So you already know the ending - of course it came thru the ordeal unscathed. Hats off to the g-shock!!!

LUW

Re: What is the ROUGHEST treatment your G-shock ever received???

And that's why we love 'em so much!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

My riseman was with me when I was serving in the military.
    it survived the numerous abuses ranging from your average bang and slam here and there, to prolonged and substantial vibration from operating large calibre automatic firearms.
    As with Time4Playnow, it never occurred to me that my watch would have any problem handling these situations.
    Though both the bezel, the band, the mineral crystal were quite roughen up by the time I finished, it was perfectly fine function-wise.
    I must confess that I really can't fathon why Casio wouldn't consider releasing g-shocks that come with sapphire crystal - not even the high-end aviation or frogman models?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Got a bit drunk not long ago and encouraged friends to throw my Mudman at the (cobbled) ground as hard as they could a few times. It survived.

Having worn G-shocks for all of their 30 years, I don't/wouldn't think twice about which watch I was wearing when using a hammer drill. Done it numerous times.

I think the most severe watch punishment was when I was swimming competitively (although downhill mtn biking was pretty brutal). Swimming drowned most watches (this in the '80s). The Timex watches of the era would last me a couple months. I think the repetitive hammering of the watch against the surface of the water, along with diving off the high platforms for fun, would just bust through the seals. The "marlin" Casio's would last me less than a year. The first G, DW-5000C, lasted me 2 seasons before I lost it. The DW-5600C I had after that I wore constantly for 12 years or so before the resin rotted off. It survived swimming, lacrosse, scuba diving, and many years later downhill mtn bike racing. It still even looked relatively decent until the resin cracked off.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

Sent my DW5600 through the washer/dryer. Cleaned it up real nice.
    You can pursue freedom or free things. You choose.

For the last 28 yrs at work I have worn gshocks daily while using hammer drills, impact wrenches, pneumatic chisels and assorted size hammers and hand tools. My work was the reason I bought my first gshock. I became convinced long ago that my joints are going to wear out long before I could possibly damage a gshock.
    Greg

The roughest treatment my frogman ever received was after receiving it in the mail, my wife found out what I spent on it.
    Believe it or not, it survived…..
    capt_RENGT and ivan.b like this.
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Quote Originally Posted by onrypt View Post
    The roughest treatment my frogman ever received was after receiving it in the mail, my wife found out what I spent on it.
    Believe it or not, it survived…..
    Uh, didn't you mean that was the roughest treatment that YOU received??! Funny story.

Unfortunately I have no insane stories of coolness yet. The biggest tough test, I put any of my g's through so far was that I froze my Modded-dw6900FS in a tupperware bowl of water overnight, and then took that same watch and had it in the saltwater at the beach for quite a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information