What should my new g-shock be?

Thread: What should my new g-shock be?

What should my new g-shock be?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I only have one g-shock, it is a GW-5600J. I like it, but it isn't something I want to wear every day. I want a better watch for that. I looked at a few models and have narrowed it down to 3. The DW-6900-1V, the G-7900-1, and the G-9000-1V.

I like them all but was wondering a few things. First of all, how hard are the G-9000-1V's buttons to press? That is the main complaint I see on amazon. I don't mind if they are a little stiff, but if they are impossible then that might be a problem. Another question about the G-9000-1V, are the nubs on the back of it uncomfortable? People were saying that, and they look like they would be.

Also, is the G-7900-1 going to be comfortable for someone with extremely tiny wrists? My GW-5600J looks huge on my wrist even though it is a pretty small watch, I have a feeling that the G-7900-1 is going to eat my wrist, even though I think it is the best looking watch out of my selection. I also don't want it to look out of proportion on my wrist. Are the buttons easy to press on the G-7900-1? They look a lot like the mudman's buttons, so I think they might have the same problems

Are all g-shocks relatively mud-resistant? The only reason I consider the G-9000-1V is because of it's mud resistance, and I will be getting this watch in the mud. How mud resistant are the other ones? I would think that these watches would all have that feature, or maybe the mudman has it to a greater degree? And my last question, what about features? I know the G-7900-1 has the tide/moon phase graph, but other than that, which watch is more feature-rich? Are there any other special features I should know about on these 3 watches?

Thanks in advance, I know these are a lot of questions, but I want to make sure the watch I am buying is exactly the one I want.

Banned

Re: What should my new g-shock be?

If the GW5600J already looks big on your wrist the others will most likely look even bigger, i.e. too big. The main thing is lug overhang. Measure the width of your wrist top, then measure the distance from lug to lug (the screws at 12 and 6 where the band is attached). That distance shouldn't be greater than the width of your wrist top.

The watches you list may have more functions than the watch you already have but that doesn't necessarily make them better and mostly it doesn't make them more suitable for everyday wear. Only the Mudman has the extra mud protection out of those but I hope you don't crawl in the mud or work in the canalization every day. :) But even then the other watches should still do their job.

If you want to check the features look up the module number and download the manual from the website. That's the best way to know exactly.

I think that in terms of layout and modules the G-9010 is an excellent watch. It is the Mudman Rallye timer.

Among the watches that is easiest for daily wear is actually the little brother of the Gw5600, the GW-M5600 with Multiband5, a flatter and smaller form factor and day/date display. The GLX5600 loses the atomic feature but adds tidal graph and moon phase. I'd think the atomic makes more sense on a daily basis unless you're a surfer or fisherman. They also just came out with a GWX5600 that combines all those features and still has a small case. I think that is the most feature rich G in the smallest case.

Till

Quote Originally Posted by jakebb View Post
    ... I like them all but was wondering a few things. First of all, how hard are the G-9000-1V's buttons to press? That is the main complaint I see on amazon. I don't mind if they are a little stiff, but if they are impossible then that might be a problem. ...
    They are stiff but not impossible to press. It is told here, that boiling the bezel for a while makes the buttons easier to press.

... Another question about the G-9000-1V, are the nubs on the back of it uncomfortable? People were saying that, and they look like they would be. ...
    I found the g-9000 very comfortable to wear.

... Also, is the G-7900-1 going to be comfortable for someone with extremely tiny wrists? My GW-5600J looks huge on my wrist even though it is a pretty small watch, I have a feeling that the G-7900-1 is going to eat my wrist, even though I think it is the best looking watch out of my selection. I also don't want it to look out of proportion on my wrist. ...
    Have a small wrist too, but find my GW-7900 very comfortable to wear because of the small wings. May be you try one before buying.

... Are the buttons easy to press on the G-7900-1? They look a lot like the mudman's buttons, so I think they might have the same problems ...
    Buttons are easy to press.

... Are all g-shocks relatively mud-resistant? The only reason I consider the G-9000-1V is because of it's mud resistance, and I will be getting this watch in the mud. How mud resistant are the other ones? ...
    G-9000 is the king of mud - the MUDMAN.

Take DW-6900-1V. All time classic. Can't go wrong.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright, I want the DW-6900. But now I can't decide wether I want the regular black one, or the negative dial stealth one. Is the negative dial going to be hard to read? It looks cooler but I don't want to sacrifice legibility for a cool look.

Alright, I want the DW-6900. But now I can't decide wether I want the regular black one, or the negative dial stealth one. Is the negative dial going to be hard to read? It looks cooler but I don't want to sacrifice legibility for a cool look.
    Hi Jake....welcome to the forum.

This comes down to eyesight. The newer negative displays Casio has been using are much easier to see these days. However, if you are in darker environments, you definitely want to avoid negative displays. They are great outside, they are ok inside.

Good luck, let us know which you decide on.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GPR-B1000 Rangeman
    Casio G-Shock GW-B5600BC-1BJF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 Black Dial

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Is there a model that is similar to the DW-6900-1V, but has better buttons? It looks like it has the same buttons as my GW-5600J, and I hate them. I like the buttons on the G-7900-1, I just don't like the moon/tide graph (don't need it, just takes up space on the face that could be used for larger digits), and I am not sure if it is going to fit.

Is there a model that is similar to the DW-6900-1V, but has better buttons? It looks like it has the same buttons as my GW-5600J, and I hate them. I like the buttons on the G-7900-1, I just don't like the moon/tide graph (don't need it, just takes up space on the face that could be used for larger digits), and I am not sure if it is going to fit.
    The buttons of the DW-6900 may look like 5600-buttons, however they stick out a bit further. Because of this, they're much more comfortable to use than the 5600 buttons.

The 6900 is a real winner, you won't regret it

The Mudman (G-9000) could also be a contenter, since it's a bit smaller than the 6900. Its buttons aren't really finger-friendly though, not really comfortable.
    The 7900 is probably a bit too big for you (for me too, by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
    The buttons of the DW-6900 may look like 5600-buttons, however they stick out a bit further. Because of this, they're much more comfortable to use than the 5600 buttons.

The 6900 is a real winner, you won't regret it

The Mudman (G-9000) could also be a contenter, since it's a bit smaller than the 6900. The 7900 is probably a bit too big for you (and me too, by the way).
    Thanks, I am pretty sure I want a 6900 now. Just gotta decide wether I want it in stealthed negative display or regular. I am probably going to go with the regular though. Thanks again!

Alright, I am going with the stealthed version, the DW-6900MS-1DR. After looking at them both side-by-side, this one looks way cooler. I have pretty good eyes and it always has a light if I need it. Thanks guys!

Thread Information