What type of G-Shock should I get for work?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What type of G-Shock should I get for work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What type of G-Shock should I get for work?

So I have owned my first and only G-Shock (GX-56 Orange Atomic Solar) for 6 months now. But I need a G-Shock that I can wear at work that isn't neon orange like the one I have now. I'm not too fond of the 5600 & 6900 which I have both tried on before at the mall. But I don't mind the 7900 or 8900 at all. I need to find a few to take a look at the mall and try out. I work at a shipping store which I won't name because I don't need people asking me for free shipping....lol But I work at a store very similar to the DHL/FedEx/UPS/USPS and need something that is preferably black or grey. Then it has to take a beating because I'm doing a variety of activities dealing with printers such as taking them apart, using a fax machine, boxing up packages with cardboard. Lifting cardboard packages ranging from 0.45kg - 20+kg. Therefore, I need a strap that won't fall apart/break when rubbing against a box while it is being lifted up. I really like how my GX-56 has the 2 hole set for the straps. Does the 7900 or 8900 have a 1 or 2 hole set for the straps? Thanks everybody!
    GX-56-4 | GA-110RF | G-8900DGK | GW-9400-3

Re: What type of G-Shock should I get for work?

A 5600ms just came up on the sales board. May be perfect. Check it out. Low profile. Dark color.

Mike

5600 series is perfect

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

he is not 2 fond of the 5600 or the 6900.. and doesn't like that wrist protector/shaper thingy's on the g7900..

bro when you say 8900 you talking about these 3 right?

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Casio_G-SHOCK_G8900A-series.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	749174

they look cool but dont really seem okay for work.

id suggest the old mudman-
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	g-9000-1vdr-b.jpg
Views:	11407
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	749180

small, comfy,black, has the 2 holes in the strap you talkin bout.. and it's not 2 expensive.
    1onehandwill likes this.

I agree with starcream mudman is cool to wear in a workplace
    1onehandwill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaEchoEcho View Post
    I agree with starcream mudman is cool to wear in a workplace
    What They Said^^^

They also come in various predominantly black colour variations. (Right to left) G9000-1, G9000MS-1, GW9000, GW9010 and I think they're all pretty much available still and all have the two prong buckle.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

The G-7900 has a one hole strap set. To me it is simply one of the best G`s ever made, tough as nails, sturdy, brutal looking, worry free. It also has one of the best modules, so if functions beyond timekeeping are important to you it won't disappoint. The watch is quite big but nonetheless very comfortable to wear and its profile is rather high, so you might run into obstacles from time to time, but hey it's a G right...

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; June 28th, 2012 at 15:35.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    he is not 2 fond of the 5600 or the 6900.. and doesn't like that wrist protector/shaper thingy's on the g7900..

bro when you say 8900 you talking about these 3 right?

they look cool but dont really seem okay for work.

id suggest the old mudman-

small, comfy,black, has the 2 holes in the strap you talkin bout.. and it's not 2 expensive.
    Yeah, I've tried on an old mudman before and they are really comfy and they are rugged.

Quote Originally Posted by dobber72 View Post
    What They Said^^^

They also come in various predominantly black colour variations. (Right to left) G9000-1, G9000MS-1, GW9000, GW9010 and I think they're all pretty much available still and all have the two prong buckle.
    What are the differences between these two models you mentioned? The one on the left is the G9000MS-1 while the one on the right is the GW9010 correct? I like the paint of the one on the left with the black on black. Thought the one the right is pretty cool too. Please tell me the difference between these two feature wise (solar/battery, world time, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    The G-7900 has a one hole strap set. To me it is simply one of the best G`s ever made, tough as nails, strury, brutal looking, worry free. It also has one of the best modules, so if functions beyond timekeeping are important to you it won't disappoint. The watch is quite big but nonetheless very comfortable to wear and its profile is rather high, so you might run into obstacles from time to time, but hey it's a G right...

cheers
    I've tried on the 7900 before. I don't like that little placer/shaper thingy but maybe I need to get used to wearing it first. I've also heard that if I want I can remove this if I wish not to wear it. Maybe I should give the 7900 a chance. It looks really rugged as well. Though is the difference between a 2 hole set and a 1 hole set on the strap determine how touch the strap will be or are they both equally as strong?
    GX-56-4 | GA-110RF | G-8900DGK | GW-9400-3

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  334.2 KB

Just throwing another Mudman option out there...

that wrist placer shaper thingy, (can someone please tell me what its called? lol) on the 7900, isnt that bad, i find it comfy, if you remove it, it might not sit properly.. while the 7900 is amazing (i have 2) its chunky, so if you ever have to wear a full sleeve shirt, it might not go well with work formal wear cause of the size. but a black g9000 mudman would go well in work and off work days. try them both on again, see how they feel, press the buttons on the mudman, they are hard to press! see if thats okay for you, then decide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information