What watches do you own besides G shock?

Thread: What watches do you own besides G shock?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What watches do you own besides G shock?

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, what watches do you have besides G shock? If possible, please share with us with pictures! cheers!

Re: What watches do you own besides G shock?

A number of mechanical Seiko's, a number of Vostok's, an old Certina and an old Livano that my grandfather left me, a Poljot, ... and some other watches. I like both digital watches and mechanical watches.

These are my mechanical Russian watches. The one left is a Poljot, the others are Vostoks.

Some of my Seiko's.

Some Swiss watches. The two on the right are the ones my grandfather left me.

One of the few analog quartz watches that I own, a Timex.

A Rolex Sea Dweller wich I really never wear but has a very strong sentimental value and a very beautiful Longines Legend Diver.

I also own a Maurice Lacroix Miros Diver wich has been a wedding present from my wife's father. I do not count it as my watch as I find it utterly ugly and never wear it (this to confirm the theory that you should never buy a watch for a WIS unless he pointed out wich model )

I also have some Timexes ans Suuntos scattered around the house and a recently acquired Citizen Eco Drive diver that I usually keep for summer months

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kafvyn View Post
    Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, what watches do you have besides G shock? If possible, please share with us with pictures! cheers!
    Well... are you in for a treat! Most people here own more then a few watches to say the least. Last time I counted, I was up to about 70, including some 20 odd G-Shocks.

So, I'll just give you my top 5 watches.

#5 Think The Earth WN2. I'll forgive you if you've never heard of the brand. It's a teeny tiny subdivision of Seiko. What makes this watch special is the dial -- or lack of it. The dial consists of a scale representation of the northern hemisphere.

The scale is very exact. It is represented so that, at arm's length, the distance between your eyes and the globe is identical to that of the earth and moon.

It rotates counter-clockwise once every 24 hours. There are two hands. A silver marker shows your current position. You read the hours on the outer black/white scale. The minutes are read with a clockwise rotating orange ball. It sounds difficult, but you get the hang of it after a day or two. I've never met a second owner... so it's exceedingly rare.

#4 Swatch Summer Curves chronograph. This isn't all that interesting... but because of the vibrant color scheme, I simply love wearing it! Reliable, comfortable, cheap and cheerful. Everybody needs a Swatch in their collection.

#3 LIP Mach 2000 chronograph. A 70's classic, designed by Roger Tallon. The same French engineer who designed the high-speed TGV trains. The original was a mechanical watch, this is a functional improvement with quartz.

#2 Omega Speedmaster X33. Quite a rare watch. When these were introduced to the general public, they were very expensive and not very popular. Omega only sold them for a relatively short period. There is, however, one group of steady customers: astronauts. The X33 is currently only available to Air Force aviators and NASA astronauts. I wear mine on a gasgasbones velcro strap. The next best thing to actual NASA employment.

#1 Breitling Airwolf. I wanted an ani-digi ever since I started collecting some 6, 7 years ago. I found a good deal on a new Airwolf in september last year. It hasn't left my wrist since! I enjoy the amazing luxury feel and incredible accuracy. I haven't reset the seconds since I bought it... and the watch has only gained a single second over the last year. Truly amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
    Well... are you in for a treat! Most people here own more then a few watches to say the least. Last time I counted, I was up to about 70, including some 20 odd G-Shocks.

#5 Think The Earth WN2. I'll forgive you if you've never heard of the brand. It's a teeny tiny subdivision of Seiko. What makes this watch special is the dial -- or lack of it. The dial consists of a scale representation of the northern hemisphere.

The scale is very exact. It is represented so that, at arm's length, the distance between your eyes and the globe is identical to that of the earth and moon.

It rotates counter-clockwise once every 24 hours. There are two hands. A silver marker shows your current position. You read the hours on the outer black/white scale. The minutes are read with a clockwise rotating orange ball. It sounds difficult, but you get the hang of it after a day or two. I've never met a second owner... so it's exceedingly rare.

#4 Swatch Summer Curves chronograph. This isn't all that interesting... but because of the vibrant color scheme, I simply love wearing it! Reliable, comfortable, cheap and cheerful. Everybody needs a Swatch in their collection.

#3 LIP Mach 2000 chronograph. A 70's classic, designed by Roger Tallon. The same French engineer who designed the high-speed TGV trains. The original was a mechanical watch, this is a functional improvement with quartz.

#2 Omega Speedmaster X33. Quite a rare watch. When these were introduced to the general public, they were very expensive and not very popular. Omega only sold them for a relatively short period. There is, however, one group of steady customers: astronauts. The X33 is currently only available to Air Force aviators and NASA astronauts. I wear mine on a gasgasbones velcro strap. The next best thing to actual NASA employment.

#1 Breitling Airwolf. I wanted an ani-digi ever since I started collecting some 6, 7 years ago. I found a good deal on a new Airwolf in september last year. It hasn't left my wrist since! I enjoy the amazing luxury feel and incredible accuracy. I haven't reset the seconds since I bought it... and the watch has only gained a single second over the last year. Truly amazing!

Im AMAZED...
    You have GREAT watches!!!
    - Casio Protrek PRW-1500-1VER -

Several different dive watches ...

... Rolex, Omega, Doxa and a host of vintage divers - Scubapro, Heuer, Seiko etc. Cheers-Ronbo

These are my non G's

Quote Originally Posted by kafvyn View Post
    Hi all,

Here is mine

Zenith elite 681 ultra thin

Chopard LUC Mark 3

Stowa Antea Creme

Stowa Marinje Original Roman Dial

No Pics: Longines Legend Diver

Quote Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post

Amazing and nice collections!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information