What to wear...anyone else have this issue??
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member brvheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,453

    What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Anyone else have the issue of picking what to wear on any given day? I had this problem before and ever since I got the Garmin Fenix 3 that I love it tracking my steps and such - I don't want to wear anything else :-/

    So how about it - anyone else?
    cal..45 likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13,212

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    The only question I will ask myself is do I want a low profile or large watch for the day. Battery, Solar/Atomic never really come into question.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko



  3. #3
    Member Crater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    4,833

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Thats why we get new watches over and over again, so for atleast few days after getting it we don't have to think about what to wear

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member brvheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,453

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    Thats why we get new watches over and over again, so for atleast few days after getting it we don't have to think about what to wear
    This right here!!! too good!
    Crater likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

  6. #5
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Nope

    I have it easy here as they have a color/planet for each day of the week so 99% of the time I use that color
    So that makes it easy for me. ....except of course for Tuesday's which is Pink

    But that is fine as there is no Black or White day of the week so I rotate the Whites & Blacks on Tuesdays heheh
    Easy? I can honestly say I love all my watches & don't mind wearing each & every one.... so... easy for me.

    But like you I also have a watch for a specific feature & that is for morning lap swimming
    I use that but then afterwards switch to the watch of the day
    Last edited by flying; July 21st, 2015 at 17:15.

  7. #6
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Anyone else have the issue of picking what to wear on any given day?
    Before I discovered this forum, I didn't have that problem at all: I had my "daily wearer," and a few older watches in a drawer that I'd occasionally wear if I knew I'd be doing something potentially hard on my watch.

    Since discovering WUS and amassing a (smallish) collection of G-Shocks, Casios, and rediscovering my older watches, I had a LOT of trouble picking one out each day! Eventually, the "many" watches separated into different groups, including "daily wearers," "beaters," and "ones I tried not to wear too often so they'd remain in almost perfect condition." Almost all of the daily wearers were solar/atomic G's, except for one analog Casio diver.

    Late last year I finally discovered Pathfinders and Pro Treks, which I've been wearing almost exclusively for about eight months. There's just one "daily wearer," one similar but non-atomic "beater" for yardwork, and one non-atomic that I try to keep in almost pristine condition. I feel like I've somehow come full circle, which depended on my finding a few watches that are "just right."

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    511

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    i always wear what i see first
    Time4Playnow likes this.

  9. #8
    Member Time4Playnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    7,797

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Anyone else have the issue of picking what to wear on any given day? I had this problem before and ever since I got the Garmin Fenix 3 that I love it tracking my steps and such - I don't want to wear anything else :-/

    So how about it - anyone else?
    Before I can answer your question I can't get past that you are wearing a Gar.........a Garm.......a GARMIN!??!!! That's HERESY, I say! (for this forum, at least)

    Choices are a good thing. I normally have at least 4-5 to choose from on any given day. (I keep some out for the week, while the others are safely locked away! Then I rotate the group for the next week) I go through my mini-rotation of 4-5 each week (exception being when I get a new one, that I'll typically wear for at least a few days or a week, at least). But each day I normally pick one based on what I feel like wearing and what goes best with the clothes I'm wearing for the day. (at work, that is -- then I ALWAYS change watches when I get home and change clothes. And sometimes I'll wear multiple different ones even in the evening..)

    Sometimes I feel like wearing a big and bold, badass model, so I'll go for my GPW or a King. Other days I want a barometer with me, so I'll normally wear a Ranger. Some days I feel like wearing titanium, so I'll grab a Protrek. Other days I want a dive watch so I'll grab a Seiko, or a Frog. And it varies between digital, analog, or ana-digi.

    BTW, brvheart, have you picked up that 'stealth' Gulfmaster yet? (the 1000C) You were talking about that a long time ago, and then again recently....so, what's the verdict??
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; July 22nd, 2015 at 03:19.

  10. #9
    Member brvheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,453

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Before I can answer your question I can't get past that you are wearing a Gar.........a Garm.......a GARMIN!??!!! That's HERESY, I say! (for this forum, at least)

    Choices are a good thing. I normally have at least 4-5 to choose from on any given day. (I keep some out for the week, while the others are safely locked away! Then I rotate the group for the next week) I go through my mini-rotation of 4-5 each week (exception being when I get a new one, that I'll typically wear for at least a few days or a week, at least). But each day I normally pick one based on what I feel like wearing and what goes best with the clothes I'm wearing for the day. (at work, that is -- then I ALWAYS change watches when I get home and change clothes. And sometimes I'll wear multiple different ones even in the evening..)

    Sometimes I feel like wearing a big and bold, badass model, so I'll go for my GPW or a King. Other days I want a barometer with me, so I'll normally wear a Ranger. Some days I feel like wearing titanium, so I'll grab a Protrek. Other days I want a dive watch so I'll grab a Seiko, or a Frog. And it varies between digital, analog, or ana-digi.

    BTW, brvheart, have you picked up that 'stealth' Gulfmaster yet? (the 1000C) You were talking about that a long time ago, and then again recently....so, what's the verdict??
    Oh my brother soul! That is a complicated addiction habit! I tried all that and the darn *gasp* Garmin has taken over! Though I am itching to wear a G again...!!!

    The Gulfy...I have not taken that hit yet....I keep threatening to....but have not yet...I have a couple that I am eye balling - but have not made up my mind to grab it yet...maybe I will....though the PRG 270 is down to $100 on amazon and I have been wanting that as well...it never ends....

    I am going to head out to my lab and glance at the bench and see if maybe I should dawn a G tomorrow - maybe the blue gulfy...maybe a Frog...maybe a Ranger...maybe a protrek....maybe a different G not known by a fancy first name....


    yeah I am twitching and itching to get something....here I go again....
    Time4Playnow likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

  11. #10
    Member Tetsu Tekubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, AU
    Posts
    6,030

    Re: What to wear...anyone else have this issue??

    gah, every damn day!! ):<

    some days its easy because something else im wearing takes precedence, like new sneakers or the fact the gpw isnt going under tight jacket cuffs. as per my wdywt pics i like a bit of coordinating with sneakers but theres always alot of back and forthing to get to that point! lol ive changed my whole outfit sometimes because i wanted to wear a specific watch lol im not super adamant with matching but im def. not going to wear something like a red G with a green jacket and look like i fell out of christmas lol on the weekends its easier tho, usually just go with whatever i feel like on the day, usually one thats a bit more "out there". either way, when i narrow it down to a couple contenders, i usually just go with the one i havent worn recently.
    the struggle is real.
    brvheart and Crater like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin


    IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: Hamilton GG-W-113 Military Issue, Hacking ETA, 1982 Issue
      By BizzyC in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 29th, 2015, 21:21
    2. MM300 crown thread issue? Seiya issue?
      By Brendan12 in forum Seiko
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: December 23rd, 2012, 23:50
    3. WTB - Pulsar Military Issue G10 or RAF Issue Chrono
      By lambstew in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 12th, 2008, 16:59
    4. Replies: 6
      Last Post: March 10th, 2007, 15:50

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •