What's the longest you've gone W/O buying?

Thread: What's the longest you've gone W/O buying?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's the longest you've gone W/O buying?

Just had the longest stretch in a couple of years, 4 1/2 weeks and it killed me!!! This does not include trades, are you crazy?!?!?! I couldn't go that long without seeing my trusted mail person!! I have to admit I did bid on a couple of pieces but new I would get out bid, I just needed the RUSH!!!!

Re: What's the longest you've gone W/O buying?

Hehe that question sound like it could have been asked to a drug addict

Are we on drugs? I am in denial

Well lately I have had atleast 1 arrival each week since the beginning of summer!

But now I must slow down for abit, will see how long it last!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

K42

Longest I've gone without buying was almost 4 years and only owned 3 watches.

Then I got into G-Shocks and bought 12 within 3 months

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If that time between your jr. high or high school days and adulthood don't count, then approximately 1.75years...between two Seiko diver's.

But I admit, buying then reselling G's have been frequent as there really aren't that many G's out there that one can be contented with, having just one. Keeper's come and go, and don't talk grails because they don't exist.

It has been about 2 and a half monthes now and I am dying! I want a Froggy so bad but the idea of spending $300 on a G bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by tirat View Post
    Keeper's come and go, and don't talk grails because they don't exist.
    +1 on that Brotha!!!!!!!!

Agree, there's no such thing as a 'grail' watch. They certainly appear to be in the beginning but as the time progresses they're less and less of it.

For me, there are desirables and long-term keepers. Even so, these keepers seem to flee the nest depending on my mood or preference at any particular time. I mean, how many times did you open your box of hard earned and hard sourced 'grails' and asked yourself, hmm...do I really need this one. Or even worse - OMG, what was I thinking?

It's all in our heads guys...not much to do with reality. This is why sometimes your family and friends look at you in a way something's really wrong with you ...an it probably is, but we're not admitting it, right

Joe, the longest time I've been without a watch purchase in the last 10 years was about 3-4 months, and just as you - it nearly killed me...withdrawal was so mighty I had to go and bid for another watch online, the same model I already had, LOL!

G-Shocks make this 'issue' even worse...as they're all around us, readily available and affordable, compared to the 'real' more expensive watches we've all used to collect at some stage in our lives.

Joe, I hate you for bringing this up - you really touched where it hurts

Longest Ive gone without buying? Probably about 3 months since I started getting into Gs.

Longest without thinking of buying or bidding? Well I normally sleep about 7 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerNJ View Post
    Longest Ive gone without buying? Probably about 3 months since I started getting into Gs.

Longest without thinking of buying or bidding? Well I normally sleep about 7 hours straight.
    Sadly I dream of finding the deal mother load!! You know that hole in the wall shop with every hard to find piece for $50.!!

Don't interrupt my train of thought....ha...ha..ha... I'm trying to concentrate, and make a buying decision here...

Oh.. and my answer? Since I started buying G's the longest is 4 days... is that sick or what?

(notice how I put it in fine print....ha...ha...ha...)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information