What's lower down on your list?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What's lower down on your list?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just realizing some watches are easy/inexpensive to find in some markets and non-existent in others making for surprising choices of watches that you are curious about but have never seen in person.

Yet aren't important enough for you to hunt for (not a grail).

A couple of recent ones for me being a G8000 which literally fell in my lap recently (Sedi is a big backer of these)

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1380847531495.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  137.8 KB

And I just purchased a couple G8100's though they have not arrived yet

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1380847586898.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  39.8 KB

Not saying any of these are the best watches on the planet, but good enough to raise your curiousity about them to consider one.

What's on your list of "G-Shocks to check out?"

sent with aloha
    xevious likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: What's lower down on your list?

GD-350 for me. I am intrigued by the vibrating alarm feature and its legible display.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Since the Rangeman came out, the GA1000 has moved down a notch or two, along with a GWF1000.
    Image not available

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1/ jason

2/ silencer

i always wanted to do a drop test (10 stories high) between a GA-110 vs. old G-lide, just to LOL at Casio's claim of toughness. I don't think those Xlarge analog are that tough

Was pleasantly surprised these well-equipped versions of the 2310 were readily available new at reasonable prices.
    Had to scoop them up even though I wasn't really looking for them.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 4th, 2013 at 04:31.
    xevious and Chrisek like this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

The G-2900 was lower on my list... to the point where I'd forgotten about it for a long while. A lucky coincidence of thinking about it then searching shortly afterward turned up a candidate, which I ended up getting. Very glad I got it. Great value watch in many respects. But visually... yeah, a bit bland. It's a workhorse, yet not an ugly one at that. And seriously accurate (now that it has settled in my abode, it's aiming for just barely +1 sec/mo), which is a major plus.

Name:  Casio_G-2900-wrist1.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  243.2 KB

I had a few others on my list, including the G-8000. But I'm in a reduction mode now, so they'll probably not make it into my hands. My intention is to sell off a bunch to pay for a Rangeman once a good deal pops up, perhaps around the holidays or shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by xevious; October 4th, 2013 at 06:50.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I have wanted to pick up a stealthy black Jason as well as the DW-6900 for some time but I have been pulling the trigger lately on new releases (GD-X6900s, GW-A1100). Since they seem to both have stable prices and at least in the case of the DW-6900, are very common, I have put off picking them up. Right now, I am in a holding pattern. I would like to add some more G's to my collection, but I really need a new phone and laptop. Apple just needs to release Mavericks and the unlocked 5S and then I will be set.
    Chrisek likes this.
    My Collection
    Citizen: Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition
    Nixon: 51-30 Chrono
    G-Shock: DW-6900 x3, DW-6930 (Basel) x1,G-001 x1, GA-100 x2, GA-110 x16 (2 Collabs: Maharishi & Eric Haze), GD-350 x2, GDF-100 x1, GD-X6900 x2, GR-7900 x1, GW-5510 x1, GX56 x2, Riseman G-9200 x2, Mudman G-9300 x2, G-9330 (Rising Red) x1, GW-9330 (Initial Blue) x1, Frogman GF-1000 x1, Gravity Defier GW-A1000 x2, GW-A1100 x1

As Wojo pointed out, things move up and down the list depending on what else presents itself. At one point, the GW-5000B was at the top of my list. As I have the regular one, I find it hard to justify the additional cost so it's gradually moved down the list. I'm sure I'll get one one day but at the moment it sits further down the list than I ever expected.
    xevious likes this.

Deleted. Didn't read Chris post properly. Sorry guys ....
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; October 4th, 2013 at 11:44.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Just realizing some watches are easy/inexpensive to find in some markets and non-existent in others making for surprising choices of watches that you are curious about but have never seen in person.

Yet aren't important enough for you to hunt for (not a grail).

A couple of recent ones for me being a G8000 which literally fell in my lap recently (Sedi is a big backer of these)

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1380847531495.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  137.8 KB

sent with aloha
    A great, underrated G-shock the G-8000 series is. I got the same model as you and despite the graphics, it has one of the most legible, high contrast Casio displays I've seen to date. It also houses one of the top five modules ever made in my opinion. What totally sucks are the button protectors which will allow button use only with fingernails. Try to find the light button in the middle of the night - good luck. I got rid of that problem by removing the entire cover plate on the left and right side and cut(!) away the parts covering the buttons. Once this is done, the buttons stick out fairly enough to make them accessable even with gloves. Small and easy mod, but it make a great G-shock even better, it's just a shame that Casio allows such a less-than-suboptimal design on a tool watch by default.

cheers
    Chrisek likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information