What's the most ADVENTUROUS thing you've done while wearing a G - or "would have" done????!
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: What's the most ADVENTUROUS thing you've done while wearing a G - or "would have" done????!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What's the most ADVENTUROUS thing you've done while wearing a G - or "would have" done????!

The idea for this thread popped into my head after watching that dang official RANGEMAN video again!! LOL

By "would have" done - I mean something adventurous that you did BEFORE you discovered Gs....for which you certainly WOULD HAVE worn a G, had you known about them at that time!!

Let's limit the "adventurous" things to the "G-rated" variety guys! This is a family-friendly forum, after all.

And watchw -- I don't want to hear about that time you were dancing in the shower, on one foot on a soapy floor, while wearing your D1000! That doesn't count!

PHOTOS appreciated. I might try to dig up some from my trip mentioned below...

Mine will have to be a story from before I discovered Gs. Cause by the time I did, I was too dang old and decrepit to be doing a lot of adventurous stuff! Sorta.

Some years back, I was planning a nice vacation. I wanted to go somewhere I had not been before, and make it a very "active" vacation. My choices narrowed down to Hawaii, where I was thinking of trying things like scuba diving, and wind surfing. Other choice was California, and specifically Lake Tahoe. I got one of those travel books on California, and for Lake Tahoe one article talked about an awesome paved path running through the mountains for about 6 miles to the Lake -- and noted it was a great path for rollerblading. THAT did it for me. I was heavily into rollerblading then. I actually took my own rollerblades on the trip, stayed at this place that the guide book recommended (the "River Ranch Lodge" - a very cool place!) - and bladed just about every day to the Lake and back, right next to a beautiful river. (the "Truckee" river, if I'm not mistaken) It was AWESOME!!!!! I also did some hiking on that trip, as well as horseback riding, jet skiing, and even took a gondola ride nearly straight up a cliff to the top of a nearby mountain - the same place where they held the Olympics in the '60s. (I forget the name offhand) Did some swimming and hot tubbing up there... It was a GREAT TRIP!!! (and my trusty TIMEX survived it all! LOL)

p.s. No Parkour was attempted on my trip. But then - I was not wearing a RANGEMAN either!!

Here are some photos.....

A view from the patio of the River Ranch Lodge - overlooking what else - the river!

My room had a balcony that was partially OVER the river....

The rollerblading/jogging path....

Some views of the Lake itself:

A speedboat on which I took a ride at 50+mph!!

I'm still trying to figure out what this pic was.....maybe an alien came and dropped me in the middle of the lake???!! I might have been kayaking at the time...

SQUAW VALLEY!! THAT was the name of the Olympic Resort from the '60s!! And yes, I went up and over that cliff in the gondola....

Last edited by Time4Playnow; August 20th, 2017 at 06:26.

Re: What's the most ADVENTUROUS thing you've done while wearing a G - or "would have" done????!

Edit that, theres no room for jokes anymore in the pc world we live, i have to keep reminding myself of that.

Good blog op and nice pics.
    Last edited by Cobia; August 20th, 2017 at 06:10.
    O_N_E and Time4Playnow like this.

Re: What's the most ADVENTUROUS thing you've done while wearing a G - or "would have" done????!

Jumping off that waterfall in Maui. I'm terrified of heights so it was VERY adventurous to me lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At 12,000 ft hiking in the Rockies. I am on Tesuque Peak with my PRW-3500, with Deception Peak in the background. Note that the Pro-Trek it is registering 11,200 ft on the altitude scale -- I've found that at these heights (compared to GPS) that being 600 to 800 ft off is not uncommon.

Name:  IMG_0821.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  1.87 MB

This guy was blocking the path:

Name:  IMG_0986.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  1.30 MB

And his pals:

Name:  IMG_0987.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  1.46 MB

This fox met me on the way down:

Name:  IMG_0926.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  1.82 MB
    Last edited by Lee_K; August 20th, 2017 at 21:40.

I've only been wearing G's a few months. So far, riding my motorcycle about 30 miles through a heavy thunderstorm yesterday (not on purpose, just got caught in the middle of nowhere with no place to stop) would be my most adventurous thing. Didn't even think about my Mudmaster at the time, but later realized I probably would have been concerned about any non-G in those circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow, Worker, jzoo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodavism View Post
    I've only been wearing G's a few months. So far, riding my motorcycle about 30 miles through a heavy thunderstorm yesterday (not on purpose, just got caught in the middle of nowhere with no place to stop) would be my most adventurous thing. Didn't even think about my Mudmaster at the time, but later realized I probably would have been concerned about any non-G in those circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What - no PICS???!!

Kidding, kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    What - no PICS???!!

Kidding, kidding!!
    Yeah, sorry didn't think to take any as I tried desperately to stay on the windy Arkansas mountain road with 30 mph winds and heavy rains. lol
    Time4Playnow and nigelw like this.

DW-5000C-Grenada

no pics, was looking through a different type of lens.

various G's in LAPD, AzDPS, and currently an alphabet bureau within the US Govt.

....and there was this time just outside of Subic Bay....oh my!!!
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

3 weeks in Namibia with MudMaster...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  106.8 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  383.2 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  238.9 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  410.5 KB

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/thr...r-4491557.html

plus some bike riding in the mud

Name:  GWG A 05.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  243.6 KB

Cheers, Piowa

Quote Originally Posted by Piowa View Post
    3 weeks in Namibia with MudMaster...

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  383.2 KB

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/thr...r-4491557.html

plus some bike riding in the mud

Name:  GWG A 05.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  243.6 KB

Cheers, Piowa

This thread is not a contest, but if it were Piowa, you would win!!! You'd win for the best adventure, and also for the best photography skills!! Casio should pay you to use some of your Mudmaster shots! (that one with it covered in mud is great, btw!) Great shots and adventure!!
    Piowa, ggyy1276, WES51 and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information