What's the point/use of Bluetooth on your G-shock? Who can enlighten me?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What's the point/use of Bluetooth on your G-shock? Who can enlighten me?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question What's the point/use of Bluetooth on your G-shock? Who can enlighten me?

Why is there a bluetooth g-shock? Whats the use?What is the function? Dus it eat power? Perhaps one of you guy's kan explain me a bit more about this? I want to buy i REAL G-shock cos i promised it to Sjors, but there are sooooo many models......
    I would like one with solar power ànd wave ceptor......
    Kind Regards,
    Inca Bloc

Name:  casio-bluetooth-g-shock-xl.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  105.4 KB
    Last edited by Inca Bloc; March 1st, 2014 at 16:17.

Re: What's the point/use of Bluetooth on your G-shock? Who can enlighten me?

Well, if you forget your phone, the watch will remind you of it. You can control the music player on your phone using the watch, which can be nice if your phone is deep in your pocket and it's cold outside. And if you get an email, you don't have to pull that 5 inch plate out of your pocket, just tilt your wrist and look at the notification.

Wavecepter is nice, but I read somewhere that these watches can sync to your smartphone's time, which is also pretty accurate (at least mine is, at +/- 1 seconds).

To be very honest: I don't have experience with G-Shock Bluetooth models, this is based on what I read in reviews and saw in demonstrations.

What's the point/use of Bluetooth on your G-shock? Who can enlighten me?

I haven't got the new version. Mine gives only notifications (mail, facebook) and it syncs time with the Apple server. I would love music control, as found on the newest 3rd generation models.

Cheers,

Sjors
    nigelw likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Read my article on this model. This is the 2nd generation model:

http://50-gs.blogspot.nl/2013/06/g-s...h-reprise.html

Cheers,

Sjors
    Inca Bloc and MUDMAN like this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/ca...ew-989097.html

Here's my review of the second-generation bluetooth GBX (big case) model - lots of info here too.
    Inca Bloc and MUDMAN like this.
    Hey, What time is it?
    Current: G9300-1, GBX6900B-1
    Want list: GW9400, GWM5610, PRW-(S)3100, PRW-3510, GWG-1000, GWN-1000, GWF-1000

I'll also recommend you have a quick read of James' comprehensive review about the new generation BT x6900 model.

You can get your smartphone time to match an atomic clock with apps like clocksync and you'll effectively have an atomic timekeeping on your watch :)

I do like the remote music control feature as it works well for me in my kitchen, where i have an audio dock for my phone; I can change tracks whilst preparing food or washing up without having to worry about dirty or wet hands on my smartphone or remote :)

Sent from the 'droid.

I think that the main advantage of Bluetooth vs Waveceptor is that cell-towers are always local, so if your smartphone is set up to pull the time off of the cell-towers, it will always show the correct time for your location without you having to manually change a City-code.

Occasionally, if you are close to the border between time zones, your phone may show the incorrect time because it's linking to a cell tower on the other side of the time-zone border, but this is not a frequent problem for travelers. I don't know how quickly or often the Bluetooth G-Shocks sync with the phone.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAtCT View Post

Here's my review of the second-generation bluetooth GBX (big case) model -
    It's the third Generation already. First worked only on some JP phones, 2nd worked international with iPhone. Newest 3rd has the music Control.

Cheers,

Sjors

how much i like Casio g's, the bluetooth-thing is a bit over the top for me (personally). Thanks for the info!
    Sjors likes this.

Yeah I rarely listen to music on my phone, and rarely use my mp3 player all that much to be honest so I doubt this watch would ever be something I would need or want. That is all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information