What's your most comfortable "G", and or other watch you own or owned?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What's your most comfortable "G", and or other watch you own or owned?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's your most comfortable "G", and or other watch you own or owned?

I've only owned four or so model "G's". In regards to how they fit / sit's on my wrist. It's not so much about the case design, but the strap's notch would either be too loose or tight on my wrist. However, the most comfortable "G's" where the strap fits near perfect was my Rescue, and my present 5600 that a friend (toxicavenger) gave me this past Christmas.

I also went as far as modding the bracelet on my TaWaTec Titan Ti Diver. I fitted / installed one of Boschett's ratcheting buckles to it. Now it fits near perfect.

Aside from Ted Su's strap's retaining moisture (which makes it uncomfortable to wear during he summer months). His dive buckle is awesome! Perfect winter strap and buckle!

So what's your's?
    Last edited by azpops; August 25th, 2013 at 18:30.
    Crater likes this.
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

Re: What's your most comfortable "G", and or other watch you own or owned?

The most comfortable g-shock for me personally is 5500 series... wide strap and wide case design really fits nicely on the wrist. Other watches sit on the wrist, while 5500 wraps around it and you forgot it's there
    azpops likes this.

I have tried nearly every type of G-shock there is, and the most comfortable is a DW-5600E on GW-5000 resin. The lightweight case of the DW-5600E with its smooth caseback combined with the light and super soft GW-5000 resin means I can wear it without noticing that it is there.
    James142 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Two of my watch's are really comfortable, my gw 6900, light, good material, sheep but really good
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377447766.953973.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  57.9 KB
    The other my pro trek prw-1500, is light thin, and it looks amazing in the wrist!

By the away azpops that Boschett looks so cool the buckle is beautiful, we're did you get it!?
    azpops likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I have tried nearly every type of G-shock there is, and the most comfortable is a DW-5600E on GW-5000 resin. The lightweight case of the DW-5600E with its smooth caseback combined with the light and super soft GW-5000 resin means I can wear it without noticing that it is there.

How bout some pitchers Mr. kung-fusion. It'll help out us nobs so we don't have to Google the model numbbers!

Tanks,

Calvin
    Last edited by azpops; August 25th, 2013 at 18:36.

Pops

... ...

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomfs View Post
    Two of my watch's are really comfortable, my gw 6900, light, good material, sheep but really good
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377447766.953973.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  57.9 KB
    The other my pro trek prw-1500, is light thin, and it looks amazing in the wrist!

By the away azpops that Boschett looks so cool the buckle is beautiful, we're did you get it!?

Thanks Ricardo! I purchased the ratcheting buckle direct from Boschett's web site; https://boschett.startlogic.com/stor...568e8b58890cfe

However, when you order it. Contact Keith and ask him to send you an extra bar / pin for it as well. You'll need it for the stationary side of the buckle (side that doesn't ratchet out).

Lance

Btw, if you install it on a coated bracelet like the TaWaTec's, or similar. You'll end up with one or two rows of links that don't. This bracelet had two rows, and my TaWaTec has only one row (the one that's closest or attached to the buckle.

One of these days I'll send it out to get the buckle and link's coated. But I've been using (OK don't laugh) a black "Sharpie" to color the links. ...
    Last edited by azpops; August 25th, 2013 at 19:10.

Pops

... ...

Most comfy G is the 5600. Most comfortable overall is the SMP

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377449226.082579.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  133.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377449380.345862.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  146.1 KB
    Crater, azpops and Ottovonn like this.

Any 6600/6900 with the standard strap. Not the newer wider strap that's on the colored, collaborations, and the MS models.
    Greg

I have only one G, the GW-6900, but it is really comfortable as many have already said. I'm impressed with two aspects of the design for comfort.
    1. I love how the bottom of the case/bezel is beveled so that flexing your wrist is not a problem. See how it's not wide all the way to the bottom? Can't even feel it when you flex your wrist.

2. I also really love how the strap attaches so that it's sure to curve around your wrist. For me, this means that even if my wrist swells a bit, it's not going to be squeezing at just the widest spot on my wrist. I have found that watches with straps that pivot fully in the springbars often are uncomfortable, especially when the strap is new. But this strap is never uncomfortable, even when worn a little too tight.

I'm sure most Gs share these two features. I'd like to try a GW-7900 some time with its "wings". I bet those are comfortable too.
    Crater and greg1491 like this.
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

Dw004 with velcro was my first G-Shock and the most comfortable to wear, but I sold it due to the bulkiness. 5500 came in second, but just couldn't get used to the stiffness of those push buttons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information