When can we expect new frogs?

Thread: When can we expect new frogs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When can we expect new frogs?

I'm not familiar with how fast casio introduces new frog models. I know the GWF-1000 came out recently but considering the GW200 series is done with and the new GW1000 costs over $500, they must have plans to introduce models that are more wallet friendly. Is that at all a reasonable speculation?

I myself really like the GWF1000g model but I really can't justify $700+customs to Canada. I don't judge those who did spend that much on it because frankly everyday I'm one step away from ordering one and have to stop myself. Is there any hope that new frogs will come out relatively soon and have lower prices than the current GWF1000's?

Re: When can we expect new frogs?

First question they will not come out with a new Frog for several years. No one knows how long exactly except Casio They will continue to bring out different color combos.

Guess you missed out on lots of threads about the cost of these. I have said many times and still stick to these are overprices and Casio is just taking advantage of buyers. In fact the prices might go down in the USA a little but expect Casio to not lower prices. Since it seams that most here keep saying its worth every penny I would not be surprised if Casio increase there price. Hey I cant blame Casio but do question folks that say a digital watch is worth $ 700 to $ 1000 dollars, not in my book. My opinion and I had my DB Frog on today If you want a Frog that has a more reasonable price you will need to get one of the 200 series Frogs. They are drying up now and increasing in cost.

Also the 200 series has some color combo around still to change them up a little. Here is my DB Frog that I was wearing today with a GG bezel and strap.

Last edited by JERSTERCA; July 23rd, 2010 at 03:54.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    First question they will not come out with a new Frog for several years. No one knows how long exactly except Casio They will continue to bring out different color combos.

Guess you missed out on lots of threads about the cost of these. I have said many times and still stick to these are overprices and Casio is just taking advantage of buyers. In fact the prices might go down in the USA a little but expect Casio to not lower prices. Since it seams that most here keep saying its worth every penny I would not be surprised if Casio increase there price. Hey I cant blame Casio but do question folks that say a digital watch is worth $ 700 to $ 1000 dollars, not in my book. My opinion and I had my DB Frog on today If you want a Frog that has a more reasonable price you will need to get one of the 200 series Frogs. They are drying up now and increasing in cost.

Also the 200 series has some color combo around still to change them up a little. Here is my DB Frog that I was wearing today with a GG bezel and strap.
    No I haven't missed those threads. I agree that Casio got too greedy over the GWF-1000. I don't expect the prices on them to go up. To be honest I'm not even sure if Casio is making a lot of money overall on the GWF1000 series. Yes, you see people here claim its worth every penny and they would buy one even if it was $1000 but let's face it, that's only a handful of people on WUS and consider that WUS houses only the most hardcore G-shock fans, at least those outside of Japan. But this is all speculation on my part. I believe if casio even hopes to make as much money on their 1000 series as they did on the 200, they have no alternative but to lower the price.

Nonetheless, let me just say for the record that I don't think $700 for a G is any more outrageous than $7000 and much more for a Rolex.

I think you may be right in that I should look for a 200. However I look at it $700 just seems too outrageous. I can do a lot of things with that much money including a nice all inclusive trip to cuba ;)
    Last edited by kaywalker; July 23rd, 2010 at 04:02.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalker View Post
    No I haven't missed those threads. I agree that Casio got too greedy over the GWF-1000. I don't expect the prices on them to go up. To be honest I'm not even sure if Casio is making a lot of money overall on the GWF1000 series. Yes, you see people here claim its worth every penny and they would buy one even if it was $1000 but let's face it, that's only a handful of people on WUS and consider that WUS houses only the most hardcore G-shock fans, at least those outside of Japan. But this is all speculation on my part. I believe if casio even hopes to make as much money on their 1000 series as they did on the 200, they have no alternative but to lower the price.

Nonetheless, let me just say for the record that I don't think $700 for a G is any more outrageous than $7000 and much more for a Rolex.

I think you may be right in that I should look for a 200. However I look at it $700 just seems too outrageous. I can do a lot of things with that much money including a nice all inclusive trip to cuba ;)
    Heh heh I was the worst enabler of buying the Frogman, particularly the Dawn Black. That's the watch that kicked off my Youtubes reviews come to think of it

Anyway, I couldn't agree more that Casio is reaching on this one. It is very hard to justify to me the retail price much less the ones found used with price cuts, but I make it clear....that's just my opinion....if you want it, and it makes you happy and you can afford it....go for it, nobody has to justify their reasons for purchase here to anybody else...thats for sure, and reading through the forums, there are many happy owners of this watch that were happy to spend it

The same could be said for that $7,000 Rolex which I'll never own. Individual parts all handcrafted and put together piece by piece by hand, they charge that much because there is a market for it and people that will pay that much for it.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 4 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Well one thing I can say about the 1000G and 1000B frogs is that production has stopped on them and they will only go up in price (and i'm not just saying that because I'm selling one). That's the reason I bought mine when I did. It seems the only people that have these watches are in Japan and those prices are steadily going up. Trust me, I've been watching them for a while and in one week the price went up 35 dollars for the 1000-g. I plan on holding on to one of these and selling the other. I'm pretty confident that if I want to sell the one that I plan on keeping a few years down the road, the price will easily be more than it is now. It's all about supply and demand.

if casio stopped making them, then casio is not making any frogs at the moment correct?

Not that I'm aware of unless they're just working on different color options, but I don't even think they're doing that. If they flood the market with too many of them, then the value won't be where it is now. Like I said, supply and demand. They made tons of the older ones (the Final Edition for example) which is why you can still get them for less. Look at the Brazilian Frog. That thing will still cost you at least 500 - 600 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Heh heh I was the worst enabler of buying the Frogman, particularly the Dawn Black. That's the watch that kicked off my Youtubes reviews come to think of it

Anyway, I couldn't agree more that Casio is reaching on this one. It is very hard to justify to me the retail price much less the ones found used with price cuts, but I make it clear....that's just my opinion....if you want it, and it makes you happy and you can afford it....go for it, nobody has to justify their reasons for purchase here to anybody else...thats for sure, and reading through the forums, there are many happy owners of this watch that were happy to spend it

The same could be said for that $7,000 Rolex which I'll never own. Individual parts all handcrafted and put together piece by piece by hand, they charge that much because there is a market for it and people that will pay that much for it.

Hey Dougie,

Glad to see you back posting

The bottom line is its up to everybody's own personal likes and views on what a watch is worth to them. Try and explain why your new watch ( pick one is worth what you paid to a co worker ) Mine told me no watch is worth over $ 50.

Oh and on the other comment above I think Casio is laughing all the way to the bank on there Frogman profits

I have to add that I spend lots of time in the divers forum and see lots of foruml sponsor here tha set up limited edition dive watches and most of those go for around $ 500 if a little guy manufacturer can produce and sell limited edition say only 100 watches made with quality movements and great lume and very nice bracelets nobody can convince me Casio is not making tons of money on Frogmans
    Last edited by JERSTERCA; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:05.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalker View Post
    I'm not familiar with how fast casio introduces new frog models. I know the GWF-1000 came out recently but considering the GW200 series is done with and the new GW1000 costs over $500, they must have plans to introduce models that are more wallet friendly. Is that at all a reasonable speculation?
    Only heaven knows when the words "Frogman" and "wallet friendly" will eventually be spoken in the same breath.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Hey Dougie,

Glad to see you back posting

The bottom line is its up to everybody's own personal likes and views on what a watch is worth to them. Try and explain why your new watch ( pick one is worth what you paid to a co worker ) Mine told me no watch is worth over $ 50.

Oh and on the other comment above I think Casio is laughing all the way to the bank on there Frogman profits
    I agree with you on that. There's no reason they cost so much other than the limit of how many are out there. If they made 10 million of them they'd be about 200 bucks each. But since they didn't that's why people are willing to pay that price. You pay to say to yourself (or others) that you have something that most people don't have. I can bet you anything that I will never encounter anyone at work or in my circle of friends who has this watch (the 1000g). That's why it makes it worth it to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information