when do YOU consider a solar battery

Thread: when do YOU consider a solar battery

when do YOU consider a solar battery

When do you consider a G Shock or Pathfinder solar battery fully charged ?? We all see the H / M / L and say well its on H it has to be fully charged right ! BUT is it ?? I mean how long in full sun does it take to fully charge our G's and Pathfinders ..I mean mine never drop below H but they can't always be at 100% !Iam all the time either got them under a full spectrum light in the house or outside in the sun ! Because I really don't know IF there really charged even thou they say High ...By keeping at them I have in 3 1/2 yrs NOT had a battery problem but it is or can be a PITA ..O|

I know this question has to be on a LOT your minds besides myself ?:-S

I really wish they had a better meter on them ! so we could tell if there 10% charged or 100% O|

Re: when do YOU consider a solar battery

Yes, it would be better if it had a 0-100% counter, not in the timekeeping mode but as an extra mode, a 'maintenance mode' so to say. It would be cool if in that maintenance mode it also would have a 'remaining time to full charge' indicator, which would tell you how long under the current lightconditions it would take to get to the full 100% charge.

"Yes, it would be better if it had a 0-100% counter..."

Is that technically possible? It may be too hard to precicely determine the exact "fullness" of the battery, or it may require expensive and big circuitry. It would be nice though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

when the indicator says "H" on a the watch, it means everything from 100% down to 66%. while a more precise power level meter would be surely nice, I don't consider it important. as long as I can asume to have at least 66% of charge I'm just fine with that. below that, I would say its time for nice long walk with my dog in sunny weather

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

You know those "charge" indicators they have on some Duracell Alkaline batteries, where you establish contact by putting a thumb each on two contact points, and a bar on the battery lights up in a different color depending on the level of charge?

Now ya Beach Boys, "wouldn't that be nice" for our G-Shock batteries...oops...watches? Casio could engineer it so the dial changes color, or some or other element in tune with today's groovy generation, maybe even a nice girl silhouette showing up on the dial mmm...

I guess this is the 1 thing Iam anal about on my Solar watches even my Echo Drives !! But then Echo Citizen has some models with a scale on them I think ! I like knowing how hi the charge is ! I except the little useless meter on our G Shocks but don't like it LOL

Anyone here ever TRY to do the math if it takes 5 minutes in strong sun to get one full days power with so many uses of a so many fatures and on and on then how long in direct sun to get a 100% charge !! ???? I HATE math and these kina problems so I would NEVER even try BUT someone good at math outa be able to get a close number on this IMHO ... :-S

Quote Originally Posted by PabloElFlamenco
    You know those "charge" indicators they have on some Duracell Alkaline batteries, where you establish contact by putting a thumb each on two contact points, and a bar on the battery lights up in a different color depending on the level of charge?

Now ya Beach Boys, "wouldn't that be nice" for our G-Shock batteries...oops...watches? Casio could engineer it so the dial changes color, or some or other element in tune with today's groovy generation, maybe even a nice girl silhouette showing up on the dial mmm...
    This is a great idea send it to casio !!!:gold

Quote Originally Posted by PabloElFlamenco

Imagine that!

Thread Information