When is Enough, ENOUGH???
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When is Enough, ENOUGH???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture When is Enough, ENOUGH???

Fakes on ebay....I can't tell you how many snakes there are on ebay selling fakes....Some a lot worse than others. At least there are a few fake sellers on ebay that actually say in their item description that they're "not sure of this watches authenticity" but some people are serious snakes. They place POS obvious fakes into authentic tins/boxes and give you the full nine yards on how "REAL" and "Nice" the watch is. I'm no idiot, I've never been duped into buying a fake, or even come close, but it really pisses me off how often I see this stuff. I've called ebay numerous times to report people (mostly the ones selling fakes in authentic packaging) and they said they're going to investigate, but nothing ever gets accomplished.

Anyways, what started me onto this whole rant, was that I was just looking on the 'bay, and I saw this little cutie. The seller has the audacity to still call this a "9200" lol.....just funny.
    Name:  $T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjo+BQPsZ,c+F!~~60_12.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  63.5 KBName:  $T2eC16JHJHYE9nzpcwwGBQPsZhpj3Q~~60_12.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  47.4 KBName:  $(KGrHqN,!k0E+1li8MSQBQPsZmz27g~~60_12.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  40.1 KBName:  $(KGrHqR,!j!F!eQkRZhUBQPsZkeVzQ~~60_12.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  48.5 KB
    Last edited by WillyLix; August 30th, 2012 at 08:49.

Re: When is Enough, ENOUGH???

The display even malfunctions.... The fakes are around for a long time. I know (from inside information) Casio does a lot of trying to stop, but as I have written many times before, you close down one, a few others pop-up (even the US customs get instructions from Casio how to spot fakes). For the rest, I have seen too many threads about fakes. I rather like the positive vibe of real G-Shocks in all variety here. Just buy your Gs at official Casio dealers or eBay shops that sell the real Gs (you might forget through these kind of threads there are many good ones!).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I hear you Sjors, I like all the positives of G-Shocks, and I don't try to bring negativity in, but lets be honest, ebay can be a great place to buy g-shocks. There are lots of reputable g-shock retailers, and overall almost all of those sellers sell g-shocks about 25% less than you find in the store, not to mention any of the stores around me, sell about 10 different models (mostly 6900 and ga110) So ebay is a good place to find watches. I just don't like seeing the loss of integrity w/ all the fakes I have to weed through.
    Sjors likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The biggest problem Casio will have is trying to tempt back buyers who have bought fakes thinking they are the real deal and promise never to buy a Casio again because they are cheap rubbish and aren't really water proof. In some cases they are never alerted to the fact their watch is a fake and word of mouth can also do damage to a brand. Perhaps a bit of customer education on Casio's part to show potential customers the difference between a real model and a fake, they need to make it more obvious why the real G-Shock is worth buying over a fake. It's not just about looking like a G-Shock, it's the real life capabilities that the fakes can't deliver. They could dunk real and fake G-Shocks in tanks of water to show the water resist capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    I hear you Sjors, I like all the positives of G-Shocks, and I don't try to bring negativity in, but lets be honest, ebay can be a great place to buy g-shocks. There are lots of reputable g-shock retailers, and overall almost all of those sellers sell g-shocks about 25% less than you find in the store, not to mention any of the stores around me, sell about 10 different models (mostly 6900 and ga110) So ebay is a good place to find watches. I just don't like seeing the loss of integrity w/ all the fakes I have to weed through.

Hi Willy,

That's why I hardly weed through eBay anymore the past years, which is also a pity. Weeding was one way to find the more obscure Gs back in the time (10 - 12 years ago).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Geez... If you're going to make fake Gs you'd think they would at least not be so fugly! LoL

In my experience people who wear the fakes are the young and the less well paid (Gross generalization, i realize). People who cant justify the expense or simply don't have the $ for a real G, but that want the fashion of one. From those i know that wear them, they know exactly what they're buying and dont expect G longevity.

I cant see the "unsuspecting fools duped into purchasing replicas" as amounting to much of a percentage of the market. That said i don't agree with copyright theft and i do agree that the bay should make sellers clearly list that their wares are copies.

After all, I only own a G56 because a friend let me try on his, not too Fugly, "S-Shock". His $20 to my $300+. His words "It'll do till i get a real one."

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by dantheengineer View Post
    I cant see the "unsuspecting fools duped into purchasing replicas" as amounting to much of a percentage of the market.
    I think this is the majority of the cases: people know it's fake, but they either don't care or they just say to themselves that it's worth it because it's cheaper then the real thing. Honestly, IMO these people deserve to have their watch flood when they wash their hands.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

to be honest, I have to come across a friend or anyone in person for that matter who was wearing a fake. Kind of glad about that :)

Willy, a good friend of mine is a dive instructor. Very clever. Well educated. But earning about US$8Hr.
    He wears an analog Frog. (yeah!....EWww!)
    For work he was kind of obliged to purchase a Suunto D6.
    He prefers the Frog, loves G shocks and...simply cant afford one.
    I don't mean to detract from your point and certainly mean no offense.... just...there's two sides to every story.

There are fans of Indie car that couldn't afford one. Would we deny them the chance to own scale replicas? A different argument perhaps. Perhaps you'll recognize the premiss.

We are very lucky to have what we have. Some are not. They simply do the best available.
    Copy right, like many laws, is subject to "interpretation" here.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". With the saying in mind, is not "fakes" a very GOOD way of furthering the G ethos?

One further thought....If Casio was as altruistic as you (Mean that sincerely!) perhaps they'd put some of the extra revenue they accrue through the above market prices for collectors models and Frogs (for EG) into a lower priced range of G's for those that dont have our resources to......enjoy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information