When money is no object - Page 3
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: When money is no object

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: When money is no object

Quote Originally Posted by JustAbe View Post
    undistinguishable by the untrained eye and no novelty for collectors but pops up from time to time over a long period of time on blogs, fan sites, distributors’ sales advertising and auctions grabbing forum and fan site headlines. Free long-term advertising for Casio and their distributors!! And each one is 1 out of 35 and not 1/35. Bingo, each one is almost a new release in its own right over a long period of time and all are equal in value. So very expensive advertising prop and if they sell any, a revenue-generating advertising prop!!! Bravo Casio, great strategy!!!
    you just described half the vintage and LE squares lol
    and of course its a straight brand flex release, no if's or but's about it and why not? its nothing new, companies do it all the time to create a buzz and win the pissing contest that usually no one else is playing at the time.
    Prdrers and JustAbe like this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Let's see, watch weighs 300g according to specs. Assuming 50g is the module and other non-gold components combined, so there left 250g of gold. Current gold price is around $50.65 per gram.

So, for gold: 250g x $50.65/g = $12,662.5‬ approx. value
    Cast iron teapot (assuming high quality): $100
    Wood box, wood coaster and other packing materials: say $200
    Customization and manual labor: say $2000
    ----------------
    Total: $14,962.5‬, make that even at $15,000 USD material and labor costs.

Now let's double it to cover the R&D cost for making a heavy gold watch shock proof, as well as other manufacturing costs.
    $30,000 USD

Even at $70,000 USD is way marked up, not to mention $113,000. The problem is anyone who can put out $100,000+ disposable income for a watch would go for some luxury mechanical watches, not a digital watch dressed in gold, albeit real gold!
    now do the same dissection with literally any luxury brand (not just watches) got a couple grand on a basic gucci T?
    Grandma's chicken salad

Yes, it is, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by theTopo View Post
    Is G-Central your site? Fantastic website! Super helpful for finding detailed info and news about Gs and other Casio models. Awesome work!

Kinda weird that they didn't individually number them and confusingly put '1 out of 35' on all of the boxes. Also odd how it doesn't include Bluetooth like the cheaper models it's based on.

Anyone have any idea why it comes with a kettle? Seems super random.
    Watch_Geekmaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
    Could not resist it and ordered a couple.
    Me too, one for myself and one for my second mortgage broker....

Quote Originally Posted by FROG View Post
    I think the watch is made of 18k gold, so $41.55/g = ~$10,387.50 (optimistically)
    You're correct, 18k gold is not pure gold so it's actually cheaper. I purposely did a best scenario high estimate, just to show it's still lower than the price they called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    now do the same dissection with literally any luxury brand (not just watches) got a couple grand on a basic gucci T?
    Yes, if we would do the cost analysis for all high end watches, we will find all of them are significantly marked up from the actual cost. Basically we are paying a royalty fee for the brand name. Same thing for any jewelry, a tiny little ring that probably cost few hundred bucks to make will cost us thousands.

But for Casio, who is relatively new to the "high end" scene, is a little too aggressive to ask for that kind of price. Unless this is associated with some charitable event, where part of the proceeds will be donated to charity, I don't see any of these will sell.
    JustAbe likes this.
    Yours Truly,
    Jonathan

Got one already so why would I want another?

Can't blame them for trying. Who knows.

If I hit lotto 3 times in a roll and ended up having too much to spend in a few life times, then I will be willing to pay that "finder's price". :D
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Id be interested in anyone selling a takeoff bracket for a mod lol

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Yes, if we would do the cost analysis for all high end watches, we will find all of them are significantly marked up from the actual cost. Basically we are paying a royalty fee for the brand name. Same thing for any jewelry, a tiny little ring that probably cost few hundred bucks to make will cost us thousands.

But for Casio, who is relatively new to the "high end" scene, is a little too aggressive to ask for that kind of price. Unless this is associated with some charitable event, where part of the proceeds will be donated to charity, I don't see any of these will sell.
    exactly my point, you cant reduce something to a sum of its parts or the material its made from.

there's heaps of micro johnny-come-lately brands that try to squeeze into the luxury market by pricing out the poor commoners so i dont see why casio cant do the same. except the big difference with casio is they have a solid history of quality workmanship to back it up.

i dont see why they wouldnt sell. ppl said the same thing about $1000 mtgs, $500-1000 metal squares, $1000 rangers and $3000 mrggs yet theyve all be consistently good sellers. if theres collectors with 2,3,4,5 murakami's then there'll be collectors with this piece.
    even if i was a millionaire, i'd still only buy Gs and i know im not the only one that thinks that way ;)
    Grandma's chicken salad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information