When Shipping ist almost the same as the Watch

Thread: When Shipping ist almost the same as the Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When Shipping ist almost the same as the Watch

After looking for the SGW 100 I landed on wristwatch.com. They have the watch for $46,15. But shipping to germany is $41,95.....so i guess i wont buy from them

PS: Is it true that the SGW 100 Compass only shows up for 2 seconds or so and it doesnt show permanently?

Re: When Shipping ist almost the same as the Watch

IIRC I bought mine from a German seller on eBay.

The compass takes a reading everytime you push the button for only a few secs. After that it stays in compass mode ready to take another reading, but you have to push the button again.

so if your lost in the bush/desert and you want to get home, you have to push the compass over and over again to see the direction??
    Last edited by mongo; December 10th, 2009 at 00:59.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, that's the problem with a lot of US shops...

...some great deals and then horrendous shipping charges 2-4x what is costs to mail the watch.

You'll get a much better deal off Ebay. I just did a quick search of Singapore Ebay and the prices are good once you translate to your own currency...

http://shop.ebay.com.sg/i.html?_kw=casio%20SGW%20100&_fcid=15&_localstpos= 4069&_sc=1&_sop=2&_stpos=4069&gbr=1

[/QUOTE] The compass takes a reading everytime you push the button for only a few secs. After that it stays in compass mode ready to take another reading, but you have to push the button again. [/QUOTE]

so if your lost in the bush/desert and you want to get home, you have to push the compass over and over again to see the direction??

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    If you're lost in the bush/desert and you want to get home, are you going to look at the compass all the time instead of at where you're going??

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    You'll get a much better deal off Ebay.
    +1

Good luck, mate!

Cheers
    Sedi

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    After looking for the SGW 100 I landed on wristwatch.com. They have the watch for $46,15. But shipping to germany is $41,95.....so i guess i wont buy from them
    i bought mine from singapore ebay seller "watches-bay" for 53 US$ = 37 eur. including free shipment and i didn't have to pay customs or tax.

PS: Is it true that the SGW 100 Compass only shows up for 2 seconds or so and it doesnt show permanently?
    no, this is not true. the electronic compass shows bearing after pressing "D" button for 10 seconds and goes into "rest" mode afterwards. to get a new bearing simply press "D" button again. btw: no electronic compass in any watch i'm aware of (no matter of the brand) does show the bearing permanently because it takes alot of power. there are watches that shows the bearing for 30 seconds or so but thats about it. it is of course not necessary to have a permanent bearing. usually you are looking for a recognizable item, target it and go for it. this might be a tree, a rock or whatever. when this item have been reached you take another bearing for the next item and so on and so forth...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

AFAIK Kaufhof has a special offer on these at the moment (79 Euros?)...
    Cheers,
    Micha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information