Where to buy in Chicago?

Thread: Where to buy in Chicago?

Where to buy in Chicago?

Might be leaving Italy for a fast trip in Chicago in March, where could I buy a Riseman? I will post the cities where I wil be in order to ask you......
    Thanks.
    Jack

Re: Where to buy in Chicago?

I live in Chicago and you can find them at the Macys off of Michigan Ave and at most Target / WalMart stores. It depends on the model you want really, I haven't run across any Riseman / Gulfman / Frogman models in person yet.

If anyone else lives in Chicago and knows of a watch specialty shop that stocks a lot of Gs, please speak up - I want to know too!

I've only seen them at Walmart, Target, Macy's and Kohl's. Macy's had the biggest selection, but it wasn't a large selection by any means.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sears and K-Mart also carry a few G's.

Macy's for sure carry a good selection. If you happen to have the sku from a particular watch they can also look it up to find other Macy's location that have the watch in stock.
    G-Shock 25th Anniversary Ocean Gray DW5025D-8
    G-Shock Gulfman G9100-1
    G-Shock G-lide GLX-5600-1
    G-Shock LRG x G-Shock DW-6900LRG
    Movado Valor 0604409
    Rolex Datejust 116234
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAC1111.BA0850
    Tissot T-Touch T33.7.888.92

From what I've seen here, the selection is pretty boring and small. The only places I know that have G's are the usual department stores: Macy's (formerly Marshall Field's), JC Penny, Target, Walmart and I've seen a couple at K-Mart. Most of my G's have been purchased online. There was a place in Schaumburg called Yaohan Plaza (it's now called Mitsuwa) which used to have a toy and electronics store which had imported G's from Japan. Mitsuwa's are in many major markets (I used to live in San Diego 12 years ago and they had one (it still may have been Yaohan back then) and I was in New York City for four years and they have a Mitsuwa across the Hudson in New Jersey. When Yaohan switched to Mitsuwa (at least in Chicago) several stores closed (INCLUDING THE TOY STORE!!!! RRRRRR!) and the G's disappeared. The Mitsuwa in Jersey looked like it underwent a similar transition (when I went there, they did have a toy store, but a bunch of empty store space and more importantly NO G'S!).

There also was a Casio Outlet Store in an Outlet Mall in Kenosha, WI (about 45 minutes north of Chicago) but it too is closed now.

Does anyone know where in the Chicagoland area one could go to find rare G's?

Quote Originally Posted by jiro32 View Post
    From what I've seen here, the selection is pretty boring and small. The only places I know that have G's are the usual department stores: Macy's (formerly Marshall Field's), JC Penny, Target, Walmart and I've seen a couple at K-Mart. Most of my G's have been purchased online. There was a place in Schaumburg called Yaohan Plaza (it's now called Mitsuwa) which used to have a toy and electronics store which had imported G's from Japan. Mitsuwa's are in many major markets (I used to live in San Diego 12 years ago and they had one (it still may have been Yaohan back then) and I was in New York City for four years and they have a Mitsuwa across the Hudson in New Jersey. When Yaohan switched to Mitsuwa (at least in Chicago) several stores closed (INCLUDING THE TOY STORE!!!! RRRRRR!) and the G's disappeared. The Mitsuwa in Jersey looked like it underwent a similar transition (when I went there, they did have a toy store, but a bunch of empty store space and more importantly NO G'S!).

There also was a Casio Outlet Store in an Outlet Mall in Kenosha, WI (about 45 minutes north of Chicago) but it too is closed now.

Does anyone know where in the Chicagoland area one could go to find rare G's?
    I was going to drive to Chicago last Thursday until we got 8in of snow. However, I actually go to Mitsuwa everytime I leave Chicago. It's actually in Arlington Heights but still very close to Shaumburg. Too bad I wish I knew about it when it was Yaohan.
    G-Shock 25th Anniversary Ocean Gray DW5025D-8
    G-Shock Gulfman G9100-1
    G-Shock G-lide GLX-5600-1
    G-Shock LRG x G-Shock DW-6900LRG
    Movado Valor 0604409
    Rolex Datejust 116234
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAC1111.BA0850
    Tissot T-Touch T33.7.888.92

Most people here in the US probably get there watches online, so I'd say if you're in the States long enough, buy them and ship it to where you're staying. If not, I'm sure the prices here, even at the department stores, are still cheaper than in Italy, so I would take advantage of that exchange rate

Thread Information